Meters disappearing, sound randomly disappearing and other weird things...

Imzadi

Hi guys,

I've been having this weird issue for a while and its getting worse. Sometimes all the meters disappear (including the leds on the buttons), but the unit still plays. Once I restart it usually works again. Other times, though, the meters AND the sound are gone. Restarting usually works too. They really weird thing is that whenever I send MIDI sync from my DAW the meters disappear.
Usually when this happens the unit feels slow and the tuner and value dial have a big delay.

It seems to happen more and more frequently. I'm currently on OS 11, but I've noticed this problem since OS 9.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: I mean FW not OS

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, I had 'all' those same symptoms with my AXE-FX Ultra. It was happening 'exactly' as you've described it happen.... it was gradually over time, getting worse and worse. The only difference being that I didn't have the AXE hooked up to a DAW. What a freak out that was! I finally traced it to a couple of damaged user presets. It seems that whenever I dialed up certain ones, some craziness would prevail. As soon as i deleted the bad ones all was well again. Oddly enough, I actually used those broke presets which always seemed to have minor glitches in them for quite a while. Glitchy artifacts must have been accumulating or something, I don't know. At any rate IIRC, after I dumped those bad boys I had to do a System reset or reload the firmware. Hope this is helpful.

Check your CPU usage, too. If you're approaching 90%, pluggung in the USB can push you over the top.

Back
Top Bottom