METALLICA Chooses Fractal Audio Axe-Fx IIs for Silent Antarctica Concert

Yes, but that would mean doing something which would inconvenience a whole lot of electrons. And I would actually have to care. Oh blast, I did the Google thing. Sorry to all electrons. SOOOooo glad I said goodbye to CocaCola when they decided to suddenly up the price with 50% couple of years ago.

I saw the clip Metallica had with the boy driving and running around... What was all that about? Probably about the movie. Never mind.

Can you tell I'm not really a fan? No offence to anyone who is, btw, go right ahead. Not that Metallica is bad or that I dislike them, I actually think Hetfield is kinda cool... They just don't... appeal to me.

Just call me too old. Even though all the members of Metallica are older than me.

Some people prefer Billy Joel or Barry Manilow, to each their own I say :p

Sounds like YOU should be sharing your tones too ;)

I should, someday, maybe. Just very busy and never actually think about it once I am sitting there on my axe laptop as I have only limited time to tweak. Maybe I'll record them and put em on sound cloud like so many others, again it's just a matter of finding the time.

It's official: Metallica chooses Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II for silent concert in Antarctica.

Here's a post by Chad (James Hetfield's tech) on our FB page, commenting on us being sold out of Axe-Fx IIs.
James, Kirk, and Robert will be playing through the Axe-Fx II.

metallica1.png

So i guess you actually can get a real Mark IIC+ sound of the AxeII after all ;)

No he's saying it's your property to make that decision on if it should be shared or not.

No. He said, "Patches must always remain the property of the artists." No comment about a decision. The comment is either an opinion or an agreement that FAS has made with the artist. Unless, someone can explain to me that sharing an artists "settings" or "parameters" is illegal.

I still don't understand the threat. I guess if the artist decide to sell their parameters aka presets then there could be a monetary threat.

yikes, there is a guy on the boards who did way better tone matches than those guys ...take a look at there earlier ones and they were using the TM block with a cab ....nasty
aren't half of metallica deaf these days anyhow? ;)

here is the guy
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/72656-ver-11b-tallica-tone-matches.html
these blow away the SU ones

Thanks animal,

And you should hear my new v12.02 ones. They are AWESOME and a lot better. And I WILL be sharing

I should, someday, maybe. Just very busy and never actually think about it once I am sitting there on my axe laptop as I have only limited time to tweak. Maybe I'll record them and put em on sound cloud like so many others, again it's just a matter of finding the time.

meh... it takes literally 20 seconds to plug in a usb cable and launch fractalbot. no time for that though :lol

So are they using the MFC now???? Hasn't been answered (as far as I can tell). If so did they get the new MK III's? Thx.

No. He said, "Patches must always remain the property of the artists." No comment about a decision. The comment is either an opinion or an agreement that FAS has made with the artist. Unless, someone can explain to me that sharing an artists "settings" or "parameters" is illegal.

I still don't understand the threat. I guess if the artist decide to sell their parameters aka presets then there could be a monetary threat.

There doesn't have to be a 'threat', nor is legality the issue. Sometimes it's just about privacy, and the decision to share ideas or not share them should be the remit of the originator of the idea.

Artists aren't obligated to share of course. But there isn't really a downside to sharing besides the effort. Back in the day several friends of mine and local thrash metal players were using Marshall 2555's. One friend who will remain nameless was signed and wouldn't share how he dialed in his amp. Had he I still wouldn't have his songs, his band, his album and I surely still wouldn't be able to play alternate picking at 230 bpm like he can. I'd love to get my hands on patches by JP, Megadeth and Metallica et al. It would be awesome.

the comment r.e. "freezing up" pun: even though it's a joke, sounds like it actually might be a concern for someone. surely no amps on the planet have been designed and tested to run at temperatures that could potentially drop to -80C.

the comment r.e. "freezing up" pun: even though it's a joke, sounds like it actually might be a concern for someone. surely no amps on the planet have been designed and tested to run at temperatures that approach -80C.

I don't think they're going to be playing in that kind of weather. Just that that weather will be around them. From the press release:

We'll be playing inside a dome on the base and in another twist, the show will be transmitted to the audience via headphones with no amplification . . . a real first for us! The show will also be streamed live for our friends in those Latin American countries who cannot join us at the base and filmed to share with everyone at a later date.

I don't think any one, let alone gear, could play at -80ºC -- you couldn't feel your strings through your heavy duty mittens. :)

Back
Top Bottom