Mesa boogie is teasing the mark VII

Same here! I've still got my MKV35 which has been gathering dust for the last few years! I'm a bit reluctant to sell it off. Not sure why!
In my case I don’t need the cash at the moment I I bought the combo an extension cabinet at a really good price so I guess there is no or little depreciation

There is a Mark IIb combo at the Guitar Center here in Anchorage and I was really impressed with how it sounded. Very cool little amp. I am curious to hear the Mark VII "mode".

Well to be fair, the Mark III looked an awful lot like the Mark II, which looked an awful lot like the Mark I.
Sorry, should probably have been more specific. In some of the descriptions folks have posted of available channels, this basically sounds like a Mark V with a couple channels swapped out, and a new Mk VII mode instead of the "Extreme" channel from the Mk V.

I'll be curious to hear the sound demos of the amp, because to me they sound like they're targeting the same target demographic — but I'm not sure, from the description, they've made an amp that's compellingly unique enough compared to their previous offerings. It sounds to me like a Mark V II, not a Mark VII.

But then again, maybe that's how they got to the Mark VII name.

smaller chassis like JP2C, but it's basically a MK V with added cab clone - midi- and line outs for USB, and a headphone out
Like a more « modern » mark V 🤔.
I have to admit that I was more hyped with the badlander that we never have in Europe since the release 🤷. Personally I don’t care about the Gibson thing, but the sure thing is that now boogie have completely disappeared from all the store in Europe until then. That’s mad. I was an official boogie retailer for 18 years, and they were easily available, way less expensive … arf. I’m happy with my JP2c, don’t want to change my tube amp, but it is cool to see something new. Let’s hear it!

I’m sure it’ll be an awesome amp but can someone explain what about the amp warrants a $3500-4000 price tag?

• Haha
Reactions: J.C
I’m sure it’ll be an awesome amp but can someone explain what about the amp warrants a $3500-4000 price tag?
I see plenty of 2 channel amps that cost more. Have you looked at amp prices in general??? You might want to take a look at Sweetwater these days.

It’s a lot of money but if you want to play the whole which is better for your money game, a Mesa Mark is like the last amp I would put on that list. The most versatile amps in the world.

I see plenty of 2 channel amps that cost more. Have you looked at amp prices in general??? You might want to take a look at Sweetwater these days.

It’s a lot of money but if you want to play the whole which is better for your money game, a Mesa Mark is like the last amp I would put on that list. The most versatile amps in the world.
Lmao there’s the problem then. Haven’t looked at amp prices since I got a kemper stage. Then fm3. Then fm9 lmao

Joke appart. It seems to sound really good and it is a complete amp. When you own a JP2c already it is not a game changer, but for those who never own the series, I think they will enjoy it. Personally I play more with my axe fx than with my head. I still play with it because it is always cool to play through a (great) amp but yeah the axe is such a great product an complete . That’s the first time that I like a modeler that much .C046C3D2-566B-47EF-B35F-5E20EE9527F2.jpeg

That control layout looks so cramped I can't imagine turning one knob without accidentally adjusting another(big gecko fingers here)...

Back
Top Bottom