Wish Mesa / Boogie Badlander

Not basically, thats exactly what it is lol. Pretty sure its a factory boosted dual from what ive read. Doesnt seem too complicated with the ideal tab IMO.
That’s not what it is. It doesn’t sound like a regular Rectifier at all; it actually sounds like a Triple Crown with more bottom end.

Schematics aren't available but my guess is that they used the Triple Crown approach and simply added a fixed Tube Screamer at the input of a Dual Recto.
Could be, I’m in no way qualified to assess that. I’m just saying it doesn’t sound like a Rectifier with a TS up front. The EQ controls are completely different, the gain is lower overall. But yes, it’s tighter, as if there’s a TS clipping it.

Schematics aren't available but my guess is that they used the Triple Crown approach and simply added a fixed Tube Screamer at the input of a Dual Recto.
I LOVE my Badlander. But it is VERRRRRRRRY sculpted. In a pleasing to the ear way but I am betting you are correct.

EL84...nah...those fall apart when you try to push them a little. They don't have that lowend thump that's sweet in hi-gain amps.
Yep that’s why I ve sold my mini recto just a few months after buying it some years ago . It’s good for home but for gigs is not enough.

But the sound is cool there. If we can have the big model I’m in. But it seems there is no schematics available yet.

You are not from Europe so? In Europe I never seen one available since the beginning 🤦
Nah good old middle America on my end. FWIW; the 100 had that PUNCH. Seriously massive. The 50 has more than enough oomph for a gigging cover band situation though. I am interested to see what Boogie brings to the table next year. I will probably end up with something 100 watt or other from them again, just a different flavor.

Nah good old middle America on my end. FWIW; the 100 had that PUNCH. Seriously massive. The 50 has more than enough oomph for a gigging cover band situation though. I am interested to see what Boogie brings to the table next year. I will probably end up with something 100 watt or other from them again, just a different flavor.
Yes the 100w… don’t know if one day I will be able to try it.. that’s why having it in the axe ♥️. But yeah … Cliff need to have one etc… not easy

Reactions: JTI
Yes the 100w… don’t know if one day I will be able to try it.. that’s why having it in the axe ♥️. But yeah … Cliff need to have one etc… not easy
It's sounds great. It doesn't have that woofy, sizzly untamed vibe early Rectos have so people saying it's a Recto in name only are pretty accurate I'd say.

It's sounds great. It doesn't have that woofy, sizzly untamed vibe early Rectos have so people saying it's a Recto in name only are pretty accurate I'd say.
Yes what I like in the concept is that there is a real clean and a distortion channel that don’t need a boost. Like the JP2c

Sometimes I look at the dual recto, cause I really like these amps with an od, but everytime you want to switch to super clean to dist channel + boost its a mess … I don’t want to use boosts anymore

Reactions: JTI
I have a Badlander 50 head. And have owned a couple 2-channel Rectos. A Tremoverb and a Rev F.

The Badlander is more like a modded Marshall than a Rectifier. It not unique sounding like the traditional Rectos. It’s just a super tight EL34 amp. Almost too tight honestly.

I have a Badlander 50 head. And have owned a couple 2-channel Rectos. A Tremoverb and a Rev F.

The Badlander is more like a modded Marshall than a Rectifier. It not unique sounding like the traditional Rectos. It’s just a super tight EL34 amp. Almost too tight honestly.
That’s why it is interesting if it don’t sound like the rest 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom