Matt at Steve Vai's

I was just thinking of how much I can't stand Yngwie. That is all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. I was enjoying reading and listening to the Vai stuff and then all of the sudden... An image of Yngwie scarfing down powdered doughnuts popped into my head. I could just see him leaving all the crumbs all over his scalloped neck strats...

I can't really tell but that doesn't look like axe-edit to me. Maybe it's a prototype MFC-editor!!! Or more likely, reinstalling the usb drivers...

You guys have good eyes, especially spotting the wolfgang. It took me a while to see it, but while searching for it I noticed the black flattop acoustic with the maple fingerboard. It struck me that I don't think I've ever seen an acoustic with a maple fretboard.

Malmsteen - I think Dylan said it best! "A monkey in silk, is a monkey no less". What a pathetic man to be custodian of such a collection.

People always go to the weight thing with Yngwie.. what about when he was skinnier? nobody was talking shit then, they were standing there with their mouth open, myself included. Still, if you don’t like his style, you don’t like his style, there is no doubting his mark on the guitar world. Whether or not he should own all those guitars is debatable. If you had the money I’m sure you would... Should Simon Cowell own a Veyron? Most would say no.

anyway back to the pic... more pix would be cool...whats behind the camera?

I can't really tell but that doesn't look like axe-edit to me. Maybe it's a prototype MFC-editor!!! Or more likely, reinstalling the usb drivers...

You guys have good eyes, especially spotting the wolfgang. It took me a while to see it, but while searching for it I noticed the black flattop acoustic with the maple fingerboard. It struck me that I don't think I've ever seen an acoustic with a maple fretboard.

Probably Axemanage.

dpeterson said:
People always go to the weight thing with Yngwie.. what about when he was skinnier? nobody was talking shit then, they were standing there with their mouth open, myself included. Still, if you don’t like his style, you don’t like his style, there is no doubting his mark on the guitar world. Whether or not he should own all those guitars is debatable. If you had the money I’m sure you would... Should Simon Cowell own a Veyron? Most would say no.

anyway back to the pic... more pix would be cool...whats behind the camera?

Don't get me wrong, the guy is an amazing player and I'd love to see what he could do with an axe. But I think his weight issue started right around the time that people started to get a little tired of his arrogance. Just bad timing I guess.

I'm referring to malmateen, not vai obviously

Don't get me wrong, the guy is an amazing player and I'd love to see what he could do with an axe. But I think his weight issue started right around the time that people started to get a little tired of his arrogance. Just bad timing I guess.

I'm referring to malmateen, not vai obviously

Yeah he can shred, but the "Im the best in the world" crap gets old. I tend to appreciate the players that have some class as well as chops.

Just saw where Matt got a shout out on Vai's liner notes on his new disc - very cool (and well deserved I'm sure).

I've had a theory that people with large gear collections have less talent, and buy the gear in the hope that it will enable talent.

Looks like the theory needs more work still :lol

I heard that, most of his collection were gifts. What else should he do with them?

Back
Top Bottom