Matt at Steve Vai's

Seriously dude... Post in the Wish List thread. I would send him an email too!!! There are LOT of people that would love this!!! I don't care if it is 'Marshally' it is different enough to me to warrant an Axe II model!!! Cliff Cliff Cliff Cliff!!!!

I have an original Legacy I'll indefinitely loan to Cliff and Co. if they model it.
I live an hour away FWIW. It doesn't have stock tubes (JJ EL34Ls) but is otherwise stock.

Nikki-k has a Legacy... I think... I'll PM her to see if she would be willing to ship it to Cliff to have a look see!!!
I have an original Legacy I'll indefinitely loan to Cliff and Co. if they model it.
I live an hour away FWIW. It doesn't have stock tubes (JJ EL34Ls) but is otherwise stock.
I would do that in a heartbeat.
I mod'd mine though :( . I could reverse all of it (except the hole for a pot in the front), but FPFL is close enough to drop one off in person? Would be so cool to sit in on a listening session :D . Better yet.. have M@ ask Vai for a favor in return.. :D

(I still say that the Legacy does rhythm just fine... with the right tubes and a little love :D)

Oh- another Legacy note... while GT EL34s are stock, it can be ordered with 6L6s. I would LOVE to experience this with the Axe. Even more incredible.. mixed EL34/6L6 quad :D

Oh- another Legacy note... while GT EL34s are stock, it can be ordered with 6L6s. I would LOVE to experience this with the Axe. Even more incredible.. mixed EL34/6L6 quad :D
Sounds like someone is itching for a Mesa, with simul-class. :mrgreen

Wow, check out Steve Vai's shed:

408689_10150713211699517_312081419516_12296194_1522973511_n.jpg

Wall Photos | Facebook

His insurance man just left him a message : "......Mr Malmsteen, could you call us back please...."

The absurdity of Yngwie is EXACTLY what makes him awesome.
I saw the G3 tour in '03 with Yngwie, Satch and Vai. I'd seen them separately but it was a treat to see them on one stage.

Satch was the class of the show, if getting a bit predictable by then. Love him, but it was true.
Vai had the best band and was himself and stunning, but was also a bit of a fruit loop... concerned with if his hair was blowing enough in front of the stage fans. He told semi-boring Berklee stories between songs. He's not a front man for a reason.
Yngiwe was pure absurdity from beginning to end. Like AC/DC technically he only has 2.5 songs - but like no other shredder even begins to the ferocity of his attack when he rips thru that e harmonic minor scale is fan-@$%^-tastic.

The absurdity of Yngwie is EXACTLY what makes him awesome.
I saw the G3 tour in '03 with Yngwie, Satch and Vai. I'd seen them separately but it was a treat to see them on one stage.

Satch was the class of the show, if getting a bit predictable by then. Love him, but it was true.
Vai had the best band and was himself and stunning, but was also a bit of a fruit loop... concerned with if his hair was blowing enough in front of the stage fans. He told semi-boring Berklee stories between songs. He's not a front man for a reason.
Yngiwe was pure absurdity from beginning to end. Like AC/DC technically he only has 2.5 songs - but like no other shredder even begins to the ferocity of his attack when he rips thru that e harmonic minor scale is fan-@$%^-tastic.

I loved them all in the G3 tour, but that's my review of the show almost exactly. Enjoyed them each for their own style of show.

"Get that f****** thing out of my f****** way, NO I don't eat donuts. I don't f****** eat donuts. I don't like f****** donuts"

^--- Yngwie Malmsteen quote. T-shirt anyone? :p

[video=google;5374503581463563965]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5374503581463563965#[/video]

Well, good thing Yngwie don't like f****** donuts because that's just gross! Who f***s a donut anyway?

EDIT! I found another good one:

"anybody with a guitarpick around? You know my middle name is 'where the f*** is a guitar pick?' "

The guy is pure rock, if that's good or bad is up to you to decide :p

When Yngwie plays, I am proud being a Swede... When he is opening his mouth, I feel sad being a Swede...

Before he lost all that weight... that whole... how much what was it again?... 8.5 lbs... yeah... I think that's what is was... we used to call him "sausage fingers". Justy check out those greasy suckers fly in the G3 vid. I do love his playing all the same.

... oh... Yngwie Holstein was another...

Last edited:
LOL, if you look closely, this pic has the Legacy III sitting on top of the Axe-Fx II. I guess none of us noticed that Fractal let the cat out of the bag a bit early!

It's so bright I didn't even notice it was an amp up there. I loves me some Legacy. Pretty please Cliff!!!

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Before he lost all that weight... that whole... how much what was it again?... 8.5 lbs... yeah... I think that's what is was... we used to call him "sausage fingers". Justy check out those greasy suckers fly in the G3 vid. I do love his playing all the same.

... oh... Yngwie Holstein was another...

I've always said he hAs sausage fingers. I HATE yngwie!!! Frickin monkey spank!!!

Sent from my iPod.

So is this Admin m@? Or the other Matt?

Sent from my iPod.

Wow yea, sharp eyes, I didn't notice there was a legacy on top of that....kinda blended in with the pick guards lol

Back
Top Bottom