Matrix Q12a is out

I did my first big gig with my Axe-Fx II and two Matrix Q12a's a couple of days ago, and I'm very pleased! I had the Q12a's close behind me on two angled tripod amp stands with the Axe-Fx on top, the Q12a's gain were about only 30% up (and I had a loud drummer right next to me..), and the Axe-Fx output was set around 65%. I used a couple of XLR split cables sending the same signal both to the FOH/PA and the Q12a's. The sound guy was happy, I was happy (and I hope the audience were happy too); it sounded really good on all patches, clean, crunchy or high gain (and I used quite a few different patches, since this was a cover gig) It felt like having a really good guitar amp behind me (or rather many different ones..;-) Matrix Q12a is a winner for me ;-)

Spilte du her i Ålesund Ketil? Du må si fra vettu. Litt tung på lørdag etter at jeg, fruen og Hr A Skjong var på Smutt`n på fredag. Skulle nå kommet og sjekka ut spellinga di uansett :)

Matrix offers Q12, Q12a and the CFR12 but not CFR12a?
Yet it is the CFR12a interests me.
I wanted to know if it was planned and whether with the same characteristics as the Q12a but in version wedge.
I'm sorry for my english, i'm french.
Thank you for your answers.

I can't speak with respect to what Matrix are doing / planning...

however, I do know what the CFR and Q12 sound like..
the CFR and the Q12 sound very close, but not exactly the same..
the Q12 has a marginally larger cab [internal dimmensions] and as such, has a slightly stronger low end over the CFR
there is a perceivable difference, but it is very small..

it really isn't an issue either.. if for example you wanted a little more low end from the CFR, or a little less from the Q12..
you simply create and EQ your presets to match the behaviour of your monitornig system..

Hi Chayadem,
We have not planned to release an active version of the CFR12 as yet. We do have the active version of the Q12 available and are working on the R&D for the 2x12's.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
My best regards
Matt

Anybody else still using one of these? I have a CLR, but there's something missing. It doesn't sound full to me, or rather maybe compressed?

Anybody else still using one of these? I have a CLR, but there's something missing. It doesn't sound full to me, or rather maybe compressed?

We sell a steady stream of Q12, Q12A and CFR12 ... I've lost count of how many hundreds of them there are out there. We don't see them for sale, so I guess their owners are still using them.

If you are interested in trying something to replace the CLR, drop us a PM with your location and I'll see what we can do, we have a small number of locations where we can arrange a demo. Certainly, if you are looking for something with a bit more "thump" I think we can solve that one for you ;)

Back
Top Bottom