Matrix Neolight NL212 traditional cab

Hi Guys, i'm also very interested in these Cabs. Did anybody opened up these cabs to found out what kind of neodynium speakers are in there. I've tried some DVMark Cabs before with Neodynium Speakers, but they weren't punchy enough. Something was missing

Hi Guys, i'm also very interested in these Cabs. Did anybody opened up these cabs to found out what kind of neodynium speakers are in there. I've tried some DVMark Cabs before with Neodynium Speakers, but they weren't punchy enough. Something was missing

Remember --- it is not just the speaker, the NL cabs are also ported and tuned.

DV mark amps are one of the worst amp i have ever played!
So flat sounding...
Cabs are not good too in my opinion.
Construction of the cab is more important than the speaker .
Speaker alone has no punch at all but in à good cab it can sounds good or bad.
For tube amps i prefer my Bogner 4x12 but for axe fx rig the NL 12 or 212 are perfect!
It has real punch and headroom .
When you push the volume it feels so good to play.

Reactions: LVC
DV mark amps are one of the worst amp i have ever played!
So flat sounding...
Cabs are not good too in my opinion.
Construction of the cab is more important than the speaker .
Speaker alone has no punch at all but in à good cab it can sounds good or bad.
For tube amps i prefer my Bogner 4x12 but for axe fx rig the NL 12 or 212 are perfect!
It has real punch and headroom .
When you push the volume it feels so good to play.

The thing is I'm currently using 2 4x12 Marshall Cabs with V30+75 in X pattern. I used Atomics before but i just prefer the feel of real cabinets. I also had 2 thiele road ready cabs with ev12l a few years ago. the best cabs imo i have ever played trough. I'm really sad that i'v sold them. My plan now is to use my cabs with 4 deeflexx check them out here Hoovi... i would say after the axefx the coolest invention in guitar over the last years. The inventor Hubert from austria told me that the best feeling with the deeflexx in use with 4x12 is to cut off the speakers on top and to deeflexx the bottom (making a 4x12 into a 2x12 ).....but before i'll do that i thought why not buying 2 cool new 2x12s that sound really good with the axefx an with real amps. i also have an oroginal plexi...what do you think about the sound with real amps???? i believe 2 NL212+deeflexx will be the ultimate sound nirvana ;)!

Hi
I've bought one of these, living in a 4th floor appartment with no elevator so not a hard decision! I pick it up tonight. I'd also be v interested in an IR.
I'll let you know what I think. I've been using an oversize 1x12 with an evm 12L which sounds v good - just heavy!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk now Free

will this cab support supper high gain with semi high noise gate? i'm wanting to sell my mesa 4x12 v30 cab to get this.. from what everyone has been saying & without trying one out.. i want to get one.

Hi
I've bought one of these, living in a 4th floor appartment with no elevator so not a hard decision! I pick it up tonight. I'd also be v interested in an IR.
I'll let you know what I think. I've been using an oversize 1x12 with an evm 12L which sounds v good - just heavy!

Congrats

All I can say is that there is zero comparison between playing of of the new NL with a Matrix amp vs a monitor (Powered or not).

Leagues apart. It is not even fair to compare the two different solutions.

My rig has never sounded better since I started using the NL12 cabs.

Last edited:
Any of you senior members have this new cab and a Atomic CLR? Im on the CLR waiting list and I was wondering if this is more for me or not. Im certain each solution would have its strengths. Im also wondering if the NL212 will ever come out with an integrated poweramp. I know that would add weight, I just like the idea of the all together package.

Maybe someone with a little spare time will throw up a video comparing these 2 awesome solutions?

Thanks in advance:)

For my part I just prefer the sound & simplicity of a cab. If you want ultimate versatility then I guess frfr is the way to go. I dont need that. I've run the nl212 beside an evm12 cab & the nl has more clarity in the highs & lows to my ears. Haven't wound it up yet. Sounds good. I think the axe sounds brilliant these days. I just have a superverb rig & a plexi 100 rig dialled in & they both sound brilliant. I've found it easy to get good tone without much tweaking at all.
Suits me!

Any of you senior members have this new cab and a Atomic CLR? Im on the CLR waiting list and I was wondering if this is more for me or not. Im certain each solution would have its strengths. Im also wondering if the NL212 will ever come out with an integrated poweramp. I know that would add weight, I just like the idea of the all together package.

Maybe someone with a little spare time will throw up a video comparing these 2 awesome solutions?

Thanks in advance:)

I had the CLR -- lot of folks around here dig it ... it did nothing for me. I preferred the Matrix amp/Q12 combo over it.

That being said .... I am no longer using the Q12. Two Nl12 cabs have replaced it.

Comparing a Matrix GT1000FX powering the new NL12 cabs (or the 2x12 for that matter) to the Atomic CLR is really not a fair comparison.

You are comparing a FRFR monitor to a FR traditional speaker cabinet.

It is apples to oranges.

IMO ithe NL cabs blow all the FRFR monitors I have played and owned out of the water. No contest.

Regarding the Matrix 2x12 FRFR with power amp -- it is coming out -- they demoed it at the AXE Fest.

I had the CLR -- lot of folks around here dig it ... it did nothing for me. I preferred the Matrix amp/Q12 combo over it.

That being said .... I am no longer using the Q12. Two Nl12 cabs have replaced it.

Comparing a Matrix GT1000FX powering the new NL12 cabs (or the 2x12 for that matter) to the Atomic CLR is really not a fair comparison.

You are comparing a FRFR monitor to a FR traditional speaker cabinet.

It is apples to oranges.

IMO ithe NL cabs blow all the FRFR monitors I have played and owned out of the water. No contest.

Regarding the Matrix 2x12 FRFR with power amp -- it is coming out -- they demoed it at the AXE Fest.

I totally agree with you!
NL cabs are really different than FRFR cabs but it gives more a guitar feeling than FRFR solution for me.
FRFR is great for recording or FOH in a live situation, playing with two NL12 or 212 pushed is really addictive.

1 x NL12 and 1xNL212 - then you can do WDW. In my case with a GT800 and GM50 that I've already got. But if buying from new, using Matrix' own WDW amp the GT 1500 FX BD.

If you wanted an active NL, you could always cut a GM50 into it. But I wouldn't (acoustics apart), because I prefer light speakers. Once you've humped round two powered monitors (like the CLR), the NL12 is like going to heaven.

See my comment above re vs an evm 12L. A lot will depend on cab size etc when comparing them. I use a 1x12 evm loaded cab in a cab the size of a 2x12. The evm cab sounds good too but those speakers are v heavy & have less highs & lows.
Cheers.

So one nl212 or two nl12? I would love to have the option of being able to only carry one, but when needed I can have two.

I have two and that is the way I am using it.

For a larger club I take out two (two weigh less than one CLR). For smaller gigs I just take out one.

If I am in the mood to play one of my vintage amp heads -- no problem. The NL12 sounds incredible with a tube amp as well.

Back
Top Bottom