Matrix Neolight NL212 traditional cab

Sounds good, I'm thinking about going this route. Are you running it in stereo or mono? Also any reason you went with the 1000 versus the 800? My plan was to go with the 800 and single NL212 stereo, but I'm wondering if there might be any phase cancellation issues running it that way. I'd like to hear more samples of the NL212 but there doesn't seem to be too many out there at this point.

I'm running it mono at the minute, I come from the school of simplicity so thought I'd start off with the least amount if leads as possible ;) I went with the 1000 on Pete Thorn's recommendation really but I hear there's not much in it. I'll try to stick up some more vids ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a GT 800 FX and NL212, running it in stereo. (Received it on 12/5)
It sounds pretty sweet on every amp I've tried so far, in fact, massive sounding. I'll try to post some clips and a more thorough review after I've spent some more time with it, but so far, loving it. It really fills the void of that amp in the room sound if that's what you're looking for.

Have one and like it but doesn't work well with cab modeling. Sounds muffled. Anybody have any EQ or other tips to make it sound better?

THANKS!! Huge improvement. I also experimented with cab sims ON and cranking up HF. Sounded OK but I find I like the sims OFF and HF cut better since it sounds more articulate.

We've been running an NL212 with an AX8 for effects and a VB800 (4 cable) for crunch, tone and power at the LA Amp Show this weekend ... and it sounds just awesome.

Hey LB - hope all well?

I think volume level plays a part. At least with my excellent NL12, at low volume levels cab sims worked quite well. But at higher gig volumes, they were better turned off, which is how I gig. I never persevered with EQ'ing to retain cab sims as the cab sound of the speaker is so perfect anyway. But Mr Munson is probably complicating the EQ issue by variably reducing the perceived volume levels of the cab sim's higher freqs. I tried using an HF unit with a pair of EVM12Ls - crossed at the EVM's high freq dip. This played cab sims rather well I thought at high vol. But that wasn't something I took to gigs.

Hey Hugo,

Yes I think you are correct. I do always tell people that "if it sounds good to you, then it doesn't matter how you run it" and I also say that the volume issue is probably that is true with the cab sims acting almost like a compensation for Fletcher Munson or equal loudness curve or whatever we're supposed to call it! lol

Back
Top Bottom