Matchless DC30

jyflorida

Power User
Just curious as to what IRs those using the Matchbox are finding success with. Been having a tough time coming up with something that doesn't have a raspy high-end. Tried various flavors of G12M, G12H, EVs. Thanks!

I actually really like the DC30 with factory cab 19 (2x12 tx star) YMMV. Not exactly sure what you mean by raspy, but I feel like this cab has good clarity and presence without being fizzy or harsh in the high end.

I just discovered it a few days ago, and it sounds great with just about all the amps I've tried it with.

You also might have success dialing up a little "high cut" in the amp block. That has helped me tame some of the high end when I run my tele into the DC30 model

i've bounced around a few...right now i'm on a new cab that Kevin is working on that has Golds and Blues in it. Also used the same speakers from is Bogner Shiva cab and it sounded great. Before that it was either Blues and Silvers from the Marshall 212 or the same cab with greenbacks as close to matching the typical Matchless load out as I could. there are some clips on my Soundcloud....

I have looked a little bit at this too, trying to find something that I liked. I use either the OH BOGNER Gold or a mix of the OH 212
MAR-66 G65 RI and OH 212 MAR-66 M-RI25-75. Both sound great : with the golds a little more "voxy" and with the other two supposedly closer to the original cab of a DC 30 afaik.

Matchless amps typically use a combo of a G12M and a G12H.
Try:
026 — 2x12 BOUTIQUE (RW) — Matchless 2x12 with a G12H and G12M.
030 — 2x12 BOUTIQUE R121 — Matchless 2x12 with Royer 121 mic, UltraRes (Cab Pack 10). Before firmware 18: 2×12 Boutique.
117 — 2x12 BOUTIQUE MIX — 2x12 Matchless

026 — 2x12 BOUTIQUE (RW) — Matchless 2x12 with a G12H and G12M.
030 — 2x12 BOUTIQUE R121 — Matchless 2x12 with Royer 121 mic, UltraRes (Cab Pack 10). Before firmware 18: 2×12 Boutique.
117 — 2x12 BOUTIQUE MIX — 2x12 Matchless
Yep, these are the cabs I use, also the matching ones from the Cab Pack too.

Definitely have to try these suggestions tonight. I was playing around last night with some amps I don't normally use & saw a lot of great potential with the DC - mainly for mid-gain crunch. Thanks guys, the suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Does anyone else use the DC30 with a 4x12 IR? I happen to love it. Several of the newer 4x12 IRs in the XL+ ( and cab packs) sound really good with that model. I used to chase the 2x12 "matching" cab IR thing, but in watching a few Tim Pierce videos, he records the majority of his amps through a 4x12...Matchless, Divided by 13, etc. I experimented and love it. I will occasionally mix that with a 2x12 IR, but I find the 4x12 IRs sound better to me. Just curious if anyone else has experimented.

I also use 4x12's for everything and it sounds great to me, although I'm always wondering if I'm doing something wrong by not matching the amps to their intended cabs. Right now, I'm using this cab for pretty much everything:
055 — 4x12 PRE-ROLA 75 M160

Back
Top Bottom