Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
AB really has done some fantastic work here, this pack should be a help to almost everyone! And the video on gain staging is helpful too.
I created a spreadsheet for all the presets/scenes thinking that I would use it to mark favorites and add notes, and I want to share it with anyone who would use it here. AB reviewed it and helped correct some typos and make a pdf, but the pdf is large and may not load here, and so I will try to just put it here as a dropbox link.
A couple notes on the spreadsheet: it has two sheets, the first starts with 000 and the second with 001, otherwise they are identical. Just delete the sheet you don't need. If you want to see only the preset names you can filter on the first column using "non-blanks" (Data>Filter>click off "Blanks" at the bottom of the list on the first column).
I hope this helps some folks, let me know if there is a download issue.
And get the pack, you won't regret! Thanks AB!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eck04y7hqzlcd7m/AustlnBuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps.xlsx?dl=0

So do you load it on top of the built in presets, and they are essentially added scenes with new preset values; but still use the stock amp models? Are the stock presets values lost?

Installing the pack will overwrite the presets. What I did was go through the existing presets and delete the ones I would not likely use, and then "pack" the rest toward the upper end, using AxeEdit preset manager. Installing the AB pack is then done at the lower end. These are the factory amps arranged in logical order and matched with IRs, gain balanced, and then scenes are tweaked to give you a huge variety. Hope this helps.

I will surely discover it soon enough but i’m asking how many stock presets are there in the AFX3, how many free preset slots and how many presets in the Austinbuddy pack ?

So do you load it on top of the built in presets, and they are essentially added scenes with new preset values; but still use the stock amp models? Are the stock presets values lost?

Just back up all the Factory Presets/banks with FractalBot and you can always re-load them later, into any bank slot you want. Or re-download them from the Fractal website.

I always back EVERYTHING up and can re-load anything at any time. Never lose anything that way.

There are blank presets at the end of bank two and interspersed in both one and two, if you take those out I think the count of AustinBuddy's presets would be about 175, just guessing here. You can manipulate them in the AxeEdit preset manager if you need to. I actually loaded the second bank first starting at 001 and then moved them all (not blanks, of course) to start at slot 129, then loaded bank one to 001. That way I didn't overwrite anything with bank two.

128 x 3 = 384

512 - 384 = 128

256 (there might be some one-off presets, but it's two bank files of 128 presets each for the main sounds he's dialed in).

The 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack is only 2 banks, but one bank is only half full/goes to 196 and there are some empty slots here and there by design... each "naked amp" preset in it will have between 4 and 8 scenes, most have 7 to 8.

Installing the pack will overwrite the presets. What I did was go through the existing presets and delete the ones I would not likely use, and then "pack" the rest toward the upper end, using AxeEdit preset manager. Installing the AB pack is then done at the lower end. These are the factory amps arranged in logical order and matched with IRs, gain balanced, and then scenes are tweaked to give you a huge variety. Hope this helps.

I get it now. For some reason, I thought it was a pack of cabs and IRs and some presets...I don't know why. Thanks.

It's definitely on my buy list at some point.

Got my III today. I’ve identified the presets I will keep.
I will make room in the banks tomorrow and then I’ll go for the Naked Amps Tone pack.

:)

Sigh. Missed the coupon by a day... had been on the fence, because: $100 for presets. Guess I will wait until Black Friday or some other special event, because having seen the coupon and having been on the fence I feel I can't get them now on principle. ;) I've always wondered why retailers and online stores put stuff on sale when people are likely to not be shopping but on vacation or doing planned/family activities.

Days I'm least likely to be shopping: Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. :)

Sigh. Missed the coupon by a day... had been on the fence, because: $100 for presets. Guess I will wait until Black Friday or some other special event, because having seen the coupon and having been on the fence I feel I can't get them now on principle. ;) I've always wondered why retailers and online stores put stuff on sale when people are likely to not be shopping but on vacation or doing planned/family activities.

Days I'm least likely to be shopping: Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. :)

They are worth every penny but I certainly can understand the apprehension akut the price point.

But DAMN a lot of time went into them and it shows.

They are worth every penny but I certainly can understand the apprehension akut the price point.

But DAMN a lot of time went into them and it shows.
Thank you Gregmang. Yes, it takes MONTHS to create one of these TonePacks, if you do it right and take your time. Especially matching to cabs. It really is amazing how much the RIGHT cab can really make a preset shine, and how many different tones you an get out of an amp using different IRs. I'm still doing exploration and investigations....always looking for better/the best Greenbacks and V30 cabs I can find for example!

Bought the AB Patches for AF III a few weeks back, but just got a chance to load and try them out today. I went through several of the patches and can't believe how good they are! They are all well worth the investment.

AB really has done some fantastic work here, this pack should be a help to almost everyone! And the video on gain staging is helpful too.
I created a spreadsheet for all the presets/scenes thinking that I would use it to mark favorites and add notes, and I want to share it with anyone who would use it here. AB reviewed it and helped correct some typos and make a pdf, but the pdf is large and may not load here, and so I will try to just put it here as a dropbox link.
A couple notes on the spreadsheet: it has two sheets, the first starts with 000 and the second with 001, otherwise they are identical. Just delete the sheet you don't need. If you want to see only the preset names you can filter on the first column using "non-blanks" (Data>Filter>click off "Blanks" at the bottom of the list on the first column).
I hope this helps some folks, let me know if there is a download issue.
And get the pack, you won't regret! Thanks AB!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eck04y7hqzlcd7m/AustlnBuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps.xlsx?dl=0
nice

Remember that the price also includes updates too, so if/when the firmware continues to evolve, AB is going to go through everything and make all those time consumer tweaks, adjustments etc, and then let you download new files which will reflect those changes. That is a TON of man hours he's committing to, and he's not going to make you pay all over again, so don't view it as just a great deal for tons of great current patches, but ALSO for future patches, for the next 2 or 3 major firmware updates (correct me if I'm wrong on the number)

Back
Top Bottom