Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I've added a Dec.2022 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just the Marshall Amps that are in LiveGold Bank 1, all updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LIveGold Bank 1 should be ready by Jan. 1-2 of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
They sound great as usual! Thank you!

I've added a Dec.2022 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just the Marshall Amps that are in LiveGold Bank 1, all updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LIveGold Bank 1 should be ready by Jan. 1-2 of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Hey thanks for making these available early. Caused me to re-focus on the Marshalls and I am currently losing sleep over the JMP-1 OD1 preset. Sounds so sweet. Happy Holidays back at you.

Hey thanks for making these available early. Caused me to re-focus on the Marshalls and I am currently losing sleep over the JMP-1 OD1 preset. Sounds so sweet. Happy Holidays back at you.
Yes! Those JMP-1 models are really fantastic. There is a reason Def Leppard’s Phill Collen uses that amp type for his main studio sounds, per his Gift Of Tone preset! I like the “Texas” scenes I did in those for early ZZ Top stuff too!

Update - I am on track for having LiveGold Bank 1 fully updated to 21.01 and for FM9 and FM3 by Sunday.

Marshalls, Friedmans, Splawns and Camerons are done.

I have the Bogners, Captain Hooks, and Misc Amps to do plus a few Soldanos.

You'll feel as well as hear the bass for the 4x12 cabs if you have a good FRFR. You'll also feel and hear the string separation in this firmware. If it feels too stiff to play, just go to Speaker Comp and turn that up a few values.

I'm going to ADD some of the new Marshall-style amp models -- Diamond Del Fuego, 6CA7 Jumped, JMP-Cleans etc. - into Bank 1, and leave fewer "Empty for your Use" spaces...

I'll post here when it's done and available to download from your accounts - should be just before Sunday evening/night.

Cheers all!

Update - I am on track for having LiveGold Bank 1 fully updated to 21.01 and for FM9 and FM3 by Sunday.

You'll feel as well as hear the bass for the 4x12 cabs if you have a good FRFR. You'll also feel and hear the string separation in this firmware. If it feels too stiff to play, just go to Speaker Comp and turn that up a few values.

I'm going to ADD some of the new Marshall-style amp models -- Diamond Del Fuego, 6CA7 Jumped, JMP-Cleans etc. - into Bank 1, and leave fewer "Empty for your Use" spaces...

I'll post here when it's done and available to download from your accounts - should be just before Sunday evening/night.

Cheers all!

Between this and the Gift of Tone series, 2023 is not shaping up to have a very productive start.

I mean that in the absolute best way.

Cheers all!
Is the AFXIII version for Bank 1 already complete?

Is the AFXIII version for Bank 1 already complete?
As per AB; Update - "I am on track for having LiveGold Bank 1 fully updated to 21.01 and for FM9 and FM3 by Sunday.
I'll post here when it's done and available to download from your accounts - should be just before Sunday evening/night."

As per AB; Update - "I am on track for having LiveGold Bank 1 fully updated to 21.01 and for FM9 and FM3 by Sunday.
I'll post here when it's done and available to download from your accounts - should be just before Sunday evening/night."

@GuitarGuy316

Tomorrow evening/night (Sunday). Got Soldanos done, what’s left is Bogners, Captain Hook, and Misc. Amps at the end of the bank.
No problem! I wasn't sure if that meant for all devices since you didn't mention the Axe FX III :)

No problem! I wasn't sure if that meant for all devices since you didn't mention the Axe FX III :)
I finished the Captain Hook amps - God what a GREAT and versatile amp that is! I lost 20 minutes playing old Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush songs off of the 3B channel sounds. Great sustain.

For Bank 1 all I now have left to update/do the Misc. Amps, then port Bank 1 to FM9 and FM3 and check the FM3 on a few presets (like Brown Sound) to make sure the CPU is okay, and write up some short update/Bank 1release notes - all doable by tomorrow evening.

Out of curiosity, I checked the timing of past LiveGold TonePack updates needed (due to new firmwares that affected amp tones).

In past two years, found I've done five free updates for LiveGold users since January 2021:

Jan. 2021 - Axe-Fx III fw15, FM3 fw3
July 2021
Oct. 2021

June/July 2022
Sept. 2022
(coming soon) Jan./Feb.0-March 2023 -- Axe-FX III 21.01, FM9 4.00, FM3 6.00

Happy New Year's to everyone! I'll post here when LiveGold Bank 1 is ready (tomorrow evening Jan. 1!) - thanks for your on-going patience.

Thanks for your hard work Buddy. I’ve been putting off exploring the gift of tone offerings until I can update the firmware to 21.xx. For now I’m holding off until LiveGold has been updated.

Okay gang - a new zip file labeled JAN. 2023 LiveGold Bank 1 Only update that works with latest firmwares on the III, FM9, and FM3, should be in your "My Download" area of your accounts now. I'm deleting the December 2022 zip file since this replaces it. Enjoy!

"I've added a JAN.2023 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just LiveGold Bank 1 in the zip file, updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LiveGold with Banks 2 and 3 should be ready by Feb.-March of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

The complete LiveGold for Axe-Fx III firmware 20.04 is still available to you as "the Latest/Oct.2022 " in your "My DownLoads" account area."

Last edited:
Okay gang - a new zip file labeled JAN. 2023 LiveGold Bank 1 Only update that works with latest firmwares on the III, FM9, and FM3, should be in your "My Download" area of your accounts now. I'm deleting the December 2022 zip file since this replaces it. Enjoy!

"I've added a JAN.2023 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just LiveGold Bank 1 in the zip file, updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LiveGold with Banks 2 and 3 should be ready by Feb.-March of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

The complete LiveGold for FM3 firmware 6.00 is still available to you as "the Latest/Oct.2022 " in your "My DownLoads" account area."

Last edited:
I've added a NEW Jan.2023 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just LiveGold Bank 1, all three unit versions updated to the latest public firmwares. I'm deleting the December 2022 zip file since this replaces it.

The fully updated LiveGold Banks 2 and 3 should be ready by Feb.-March of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

Enjoy!

Making progress on Bank 2 update. About halfway done, so should have it ready by February or so.

What's done so far: Vox & Vintage, Morgan Amps, Matchless, Divided by 13, Dr. Z, Ruby. Misc. Amps Trainwrecks, Suhrs.

What's left to do for Bank 2: Carol Ann, CAE, Dumble, Bludotone, Two Rock, Fuchs, and all the Fenders (I do those last).

Man, all the Trainwreck models are just off the hook in this firmware. Really Killer. Hard to stop playing them!

Last edited:
Progress report: only have the Fenders amps left to update for Bank 2, which I will go through and complete all this upcoming week/next weekend.

I'll post here when LiveGold Bank 2 is ready, should be released on or before Feb.1 depending on how the week goes.

Then will go on to updating LiveGold Bank 3 (metal/Modern amps) for February!

Had a blast playing the Dumbles, Bludotone, Two Rock and Fuchs models under firmware 21.01!!! Using a different speaker impedance curve (not the Rumble) - and it made all the difference in the world to wake up the amps more to my liking.

I sold my Bludotone last year and really don't regret it now --what it does in real life, now it's all there in this last firmware 21. :)

Note if you try to use/load the October 2022 Bank 2 presets for those above mentioned amps saved on fw 20.x, they will be -3 db quieter in level running under fw21, and not sound right.

That is another reason I have to go through every amp and scene for updates -- some really need adjusting to get back to where they need to be, while others are fine with just a mild touch of tweaking

Back
Top Bottom