Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
For now, I don't have the bandwidth to throw away all the work I did this summer/Fall on LiveGold and start over for firmware 21 public beta 1-2.

Is it weird that one of my first reactions when I saw the Cygnus X-2 update was feeling badly for you? Can't imagine how much work goes into these, and the timing was so terrible! Such a great update from Fractal, but right on the heels of a huge overhaul on your end.

Thanks nonetheless for putting such great presets out in the world.

I feel for you guys selling presets and staying current with firmware updates, but I guess it comes with the territory.
BTW, I recently got around to the FAS Buttery preset and it’s in a permanent spot in my top three presets I’m using.
That Buttery is a great one. I also still love the LiveGold Archon (Scene 3) for rock. It's Marshall meets Vox. It makes me want to play David Grissom licks all day. :)

Well.... been finally getting round to trying the Boogies on Bank 3. My my my. It is outragous how good the AB Cygnus Live Gold sounds now. Looking forward to Bank 2s impending arrival.

I know this is FM9.... but Do not update to the latest fw21 public beta, stay on the current firmware. Fw 21 changes things like levels and tone son some amps, I am still testing.

Last edited:
I think I understand, but could you expand on that a little? ;)
I'll know more this weekend. This is for the iii right now, not the FM9. I tried some LiveGold Marshalls under fw 21 public beta and the levels were wrong, now too hot.

I am setting up my A/B testing for the III to compare fw 21.04/05 and fw 21 and after I do that over the weekend I'll know more. The other issue is, if update to firmware 21 then try to go back, I think the update to fw 21 changes the amp settings so going backwards does not work with existing presets. You would need to save fw 20.04 presets FIRST, then update to 21, and then if you go backwards to fw 21.04 you'd have to reload those bank you saved for everything to revert back properly. At least I think that is the case, will know more this weekend.

Okay amigos, as promised, - I've put all three updated FM9 LiveGold banks up now in your "My Downloads" account on my website, including the reworked Bank 2. (Banks 1 and 3 are unchanged from the September 2022 versions, so you don't need to reload those if you already have them).

I did change some things in Bank 2 for the better. Use firmware 3.0 for now. You will get 8 new amps in a separate folder. Firmware 3.00 for now does not have the two new Marshalls amps so those are not in the FM9 folder for new amps, but they are in the folder for the III.

Be aware that when a new update firmware comes out (mirroring the Axe-Fx III's public beta 21) that it WILL change the levels and sounds of all these presets some. If you update to a new FM9 firmware in the coming weeks, the new firmware will "wipe out" many tweaks I've made to things like Amp page Input EQ. replacing those values.

So you really should save ALL your unit's banks to your hard drive or your cloud storage using FractalBot, BEFORE you try any new firmware, and if you decide to revert back, you'll need to reload your old saved banks to get the sounds back.

Let me know if you find any issues, and Enjoy the Tones!

Okay amigos, as promised, - I've put all three updated Axe-Fx III (and FM9) LiveGold banks up now in your "My Downloads" account on my website, including the reworked Bank 2. (Banks 1 and 3 are unchanged from the September 2022 versions, so you don't need to reload those if you already have them).

I did change some things in Bank 2 for the better. You must use firmware 20.05pb (which I have included in the zip file AX3 subfolder ) to use Bank 2 (else some presets may appear empty, since they were saved under firmware 20.05, not 20.04) and also to get the two new added Marshall-style amps presets, located in the individual new amps folder.

Be aware that when a new update firmware comes out (such as the currentAxe-Fx III's firmware 21 public beta 4), installing that WILL change the levels and sounds of all these presets some. That new beta firmware will "wipe out" many tweaks I've made to things like Amp page Input EQ. replacing those values. So I would caution you to stick with firmware 20.05.

So - you really should save ALL your unit's banks to your hard drive or your cloud storage using FractalBot, BEFORE you try any new firmware, and if you decide to revert back, you'll need to reload your old saved banks to get the sounds back.

Let me know if you find any issues, and Enjoy the Tones!

I did have one request, when you have time would you share how you hook up and what the settings are for your FRFRs, I have the same 2 as you, and since you used them both to get the tones, I would love to hear them the way you did
Thanks again!
Here's photos of how I set my FRFR combo up. I use the +4 setting (not -10) Audio Out2 to send to them (left is Red Sound MF10 and right is Atomic Neo CLTR MkII). I either use Global PEQ flat or will dial out (shelve) everything under 70Hz with sharp slope and above 6.5khz or so as well.

I have the Axe-Fx III knob at 1:00 o:clock when I am just playing and tweaking sounds (still loud/over 92db) , but the Out2 knob is up at 3:00 with the band rehearsing in my studio, and probably louder still at gig if the large is larger - then i might go to eachFRFR themselves and turn them up at power amp.

IMG_7720.jpgIMG_7718.jpg

Last you have to make sure the two speakers are in phase! I am finding this placement is working for me, almost a guitar width apart.

IMG_7718.jpgIMG_7721.jpg

Hey AB, thanks so much for the update! I bought your pack for FM3 and I can't believe I get the FM9 version included. You're amazing!

I have one quick question:

What is FM9-Optional_AusBuddy_GlobalSysFile?

Thanks again! Love you and your packs!

Hey AB, thanks so much for the update! I bought your pack for FM3 and I can't believe I get the FM9 version included. You're amazing!

I have one quick question:

What is FM9-Optional_AusBuddy_GlobalSysFile?

Thanks again! Love you and your packs!
Hi @Ajegwu:

That file is totally optional, but it is the globa settingsl file for my personal FM9 that you can load with FractalBot that I have on my unit. What it mainly does is it gives you my FM9 layout (so you can access the Cs2 to Cs6 controllers from the floor), plus my audio settings, external pedals maps, and global scales. My I/O Audio is set to +4db and I do add +2db at Outs (so levels match my Axe-Fx III when I compared presets).

Hi @Ajegwu:

That file is totally optional, but it is the globa settingsl file for my personal FM9 that you can load with FractalBot that I have on my unit. What it mainly does is it gives you my FM9 layout (so you can access the Cs2 to Cs6 controllers from the floor), plus my audio settings, external pedals maps, and global scales. My I/O Audio is set to +4db and I do add +2db at Outs (so levels match my Axe-Fx III when I compared presets).
Thanks for the info!
I installed the FM9-AusBuddy_All_Layouts_File and that is awesome. Way better than FM3 + FC6 even!

Here's photos of how I set my FRFR combo up. I use the +4 setting (not -10) Audio Out2 to send to them (left is Red Sound MF10 and right is Atomic Neo CLTR MkII). I either use Global PEQ flat or will dial out (shelve) everything under 70Hz with sharp slope and above 6.5khz or so as well.

I have the Axe-Fx III knob at 1:00 o:clock when I am just playing and tweaking sounds (still loud/over 92db) , but the Out2 knob is up at 3:00 with the band rehearsing in my studio, and probably louder still at gig if the large is larger - then i might go to eachFRFR themselves and turn them up at power amp.

View attachment 110532View attachment 110533

Last you have to make sure the two speakers are in phase! I am finding this placement is working for me, almost a guitar width apart.

View attachment 110533View attachment 110534
Thank you so much, I can't wait to try this!

Pretty new to the FM9 turbo and I have a question (running FW 3.0)- I’ve installed the 3 banks of live gold onto the FM9. I played through a lot of presets (they sound amazing BTW). I’ve noticed that the clean settings are quite a bit lower in volume than the drive/gain settings. I’m running my unit into my x32 mixer and I monitor the signals as I play. The clean settings on most of the presets are about 60-70% as loud based on the meters on my x-32. They aren’t anywhere near yellow/orange. The drive and gain settings get up into the yellow/orange levels.
Am I missing a setting or an install file? I installed banks 1-3. I did not install the empty bank file or the other optional files. I was thinking that all presets/scenes would all be about the same levels. I’m new to it so just wondering if I’m missing something. Thanks!

Just to add- playing LP STD on everything. Running one xlr into mixer from out 1.

Last edited:
Pretty new to the FM9 turbo and I have a question (running FW 3.0)- I’ve installed the 3 banks of live gold onto the FM9. I played through a lot of presets (they sound amazing BTW). I’ve noticed that the clean settings are quite a bit lower in volume than the drive/gain settings. I’m running my unit into my x32 mixer and I monitor the signals as I play. The clean settings on most of the presets are about 60-70% as loud based on the meters on my x-32. They aren’t anywhere near yellow/orange. The drive and gain settings get up into the yellow/orange levels.
Am I missing a setting or an install file? I installed banks 1-3. I did not install the empty bank file or the other optional files. I was thinking that all presets/scenes would all be about the same levels. I’m new to it so just wondering if I’m missing something. Thanks!

Just to add- playing LP STD on everything. Running one xlr into mixer from out 1.
Hi @Snowdogyyz:

Are using single coil pickups for cleans and humbuckers for the others? Because that alone would account for the discrepancy of what you describe above.

Use Scene 5 instead of Scene 1 for cleans with single coils. All the bank 1 and 2 presets "cleans" (scene 1) are leveled on the same pickup as Scenes 2-3-4 - usually the same bridge humbucker on my SG- same range. Sometimes (preset will say) I use the middle position or the neck humbucker. A single coil guitar (Strat, Tele) pickup general hits the amp roughly -5db less than a mid-focused humbucker.

If anything I level leads (Scene 4) a little louder than the other Scenes 1-3, because I level it playing at 10th fret, not low E and A chords.

I can promise you that most Scene 1s have same level on a Universal Audio console meter as Scenes 2 and 3, and not 60%/70% less. Keep in mind a clean is more dynamic than a hi-gain compressed amp. You can spike a signal (create spikes transients) a lot more on clean amps settings, and exceed the level on a clean amp sound than hitting them on a gainey amp that is compressing more. The Shiva Clean and Tweed Princeton are good examples of clans with a very dynamic level range based on how soft or hard you hit the strings for clean, I just aim to "average" between that to level those kinds of amp cleans.

Just turn up the the amp LEVEL if you want your cleans louder. But on my end they are leveled correctly. If i made them much hotter then they would spike levels up to -6db if I whack the strings, or if I added a drive block in front of them.

Hope that helps!

Hi @Snowdogyyz:

Are using single coil pickups for cleans and humbuckers for the others? Because that alone would account for the discrepancy of what you describe above.

Use Scene 5 instead of Scene 1 for cleans with single coils. All the bank 1 and 2 presets "cleans" (scene 1) are leveled on the same pickup as Scenes 2-3-4 - usually the same bridge humbucker on my SG- same range. Sometimes (preset will say) I use the middle position or the neck humbucker. A single coil guitar (Strat, Tele) pickup general hits the amp roughly -5db less than a mid-focused humbucker.

If anything I level leads (Scene 4) a little louder than the other Scenes 1-3, because I level it playing at 10th fret, not low E and A chords.

I can promise you that most Scene 1s have same level on a Universal Audio console meter as Scenes 2 and 3, and not 60%/70% less. Keep in mind a clean is more dynamic than a hi-gain compressed amp. You can spike a signal (create spikes transients) a lot more on clean amps settings, and exceed the level on a clean amp sound than hitting them on a gainey amp that is compressing more. The Shiva Clean and Tweed Princeton are good examples of clans with a very dynamic level range based on how soft or hard you hit the strings for clean, I just aim to "average" between that to level those kinds of amp cleans.

Just turn up the the amp LEVEL if you want your cleans louder. But on my end they are leveled correctly. If i made them much hotter then they would spike levels up to -6db if I whack the strings, or if I added a drive block in front of them.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the reply! I played everything with my Gibson LP Standard so the same humbuckers throughout. I also tried to dig in and get the scene one levels to get into the same meter levels as the other scenes. I’ll play around with it some more today. I wanted to see if I was missing anything obvious before adjusting anything. Everything sounds FANTASTIC. Well worth the money spent! If I need to, I’ll try the amp block levels to increase volume just a bit. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom