Wish Marshall 6100 le 30th anniversary

One of the best Marshall amps ever. It's been very well known for it's sparkling clean channel, which is right. But to me the crunch channel is the best crunch I've ever played straight into and out of the amp. The third channel got too compressed for my taste. A pedal in front of the crunch channel worked better for me. So my wish is a model of the crunch channel of this amp.

I've got one too. Channel 3 is a disgrace....its practically useless. The clean is great and the crunch is super. There is 3 modes of channel 2 though

One of the best Marshall amps ever. It's been very well known for it's sparkling clean channel, which is right. But to me the crunch channel is the best crunch I've ever played straight into and out of the amp. The third channel got too compressed for my taste. A pedal in front of the crunch channel worked better for me. So my wish is a model of the crunch channel of this amp.
Have you tried the Satriani amp , it is highly possible that has 6100 DNA in the crunch channels as Joe has the blue and gold version of that amp as his main tone for years

Have you tried the Satriani amp , it is highly possible that has 6100 DNA in the crunch channels as Joe has the blue and gold version of that amp as his main tone for years
I have had the real JVM Satch as well. I sold it after a few months. I think it was quite compressed in the sound, when I turned on to the gain channels. Not quite my thing.

Just curious. I just went and counted how many models in the Axe are either designed specifically for a Marshall crunch sound, or are higher gain Marshalls but you can still turn the gain down.

I counted 92.

Can we get a confirmation that you have tried all 92 of those models and each one did not work for you?

First one that comes to mind for me is the Capt hook models. Pretty similar design in what they are trying to achieve as a 6100. (clean, crunch, higher gain lead sound, marshall based head)

Just curious. I just went and counted how many models in the Axe are either designed specifically for a Marshall crunch sound, or are higher gain Marshalls but you can still turn the gain down.

I counted 92.

Can we get a confirmation that you have tried all 92 of those models and each one did not work for you?

First one that comes to mind for me is the Capt hook models. Pretty similar design in what they are trying to achieve as a 6100. (clean, crunch, higher gain lead sound, marshall based head)
There are a lot of amps in the AXE FX 3 that sound and work alike. For me it's a question of the 6100 LE is an iconic amp. It was Jim Marshalls own favorite amp and for good reasons.

For me it's a question of the 6100 LE is an iconic amp

https://equipboard.com/items/marshall-30th-anniversary-6100

"Used by 7 artists"

It was Jim Marshalls own favorite amp and for good reasons.

"a few snippets from Jim Marshall saying the 6100 was the best amp he's ever made, the 6100 will be the most desired amp ever made"
"the 6100 is the pinnacle of everything Marshall has ever done and probably will never reach again." "All future Marshall's will be only shadows in the path that this great amplifier has made."

"Same thing happened with the Silver Jube. It was an amp to celebrate the anniversary of the company. People don't talk about it much because it didn't last long and not many famous people used them, save for Weezer and a brief stint with Iron Maiden.
The Silver Jube lasted just as long, but has a huge following because of 3 guys: Slash, Bonamassa, and Kravitz."

Let the Axe FX cure you of this marketing influenced thinking. It cured me and it is now my personal duty to let that happen for everyone else.

I found another model worth trying, from a commenter on a different forum with experience with both heads
"A friend of mine had one (6100). Quite comparable to my QuickRod at the time. QR was tighter and a little more aggressive."

Ive gone threw tons of online threads, the bass seems to be pretty muddy on the 6100, which is why I assume you run a pedal in front. The Quickrod by itself with no boost will be less "compressed".

Man I loved and hated my 6100!
My 2001 rig...I thought I was living the good life.

The Marshall was so loud I couldn't play it anywhere cranked up...I recall adding the YellowJacket tube converters to try and lower the dBs.

DSC00007.JPG

Back
Top Bottom