Marshall 1960BV Mix IR

Axe-Master
I took some more detailed shots of the V30 loaded Marshall cab I used for all the Ragdoll studio recordings and really liked this mix IR based around a few different dynamic mics blended with a ribbon. If you've tried the previous mic IR I made from this cab you'll note some subtle differences - overall it's more focussed down low and a little less fizzy up top. Fire it up with any of the Mesa models, the Atomica or the Tweed Twin and have a ball.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=624

Hear it with the C++

dig it! and the "smooth" scene with the wah on but all the way down (and played on a Strat) sounds like Santana's Supernatural tone

Yeah, this IR is superb!
To prove if your IR cuts in the mix I've put it through my more demanding test: Etolkien's Ax8 improvisation radio afternoon (I grab my guitar, fire the radio and play whatever they put thru, from Led Zep to Ricky Martin) and it has passed this rigorous test with the highest grades.
Mark IV and C++ models shine with this cab, thank you!

Last edited:
Simply superb Leon, as always.
I prefer the scenes with your custom IR, scene 3 is supreme mate, you are right quite a Metallica-ish vibe
Thanks for sharing this for free!!!!

Cheers guys. That cab is one I consistently come back to live and I the studio. As usual with V30's if you dial out a little 3k and 5k you can take some of the harshness out when playing loud, if that's an issue.

Back
Top Bottom