Mark V Amp Match - All Channels & Modes

I'm a little late to the party here but I have to say this bank is soooo awesome. I'm so glad I found this and thanks so much for creating it. I tweaked a couple of the extreme patches for some 7 string heavy muting to round out the bank, maybe I'll post those later but otherwise this is the best tone I've gotten out of the Axe-FX II so far.

I tried these back when I had 6.02 and they were the best sounds I've gotten out of my II. Now that I'm at 7.0, what do I need to do to get these loaded and sounding good?

Do you guys feel like these are still usable in V8? I never heard them for the FM they were created for but as I've had a really, really hard time dialing in any of the Mesa Mark amps I feel maybe these could be a good start.

So, do you feel they still work, maybe with some tweaking or should I try something else :)?

Regards!

Viktor

Hello Everyone, i am excited to share this pack with you. I got a bit impatient waiting for a Mark V amp match, so i went to guitar center and bought the dang thing! Spent the last day or so Amp Matching and the result is this pack. Sorry i don't have clips to share, but with my ears i don't hear much difference! It helps that there are already amps (USA Clean, USA Rhythm, USA Lead, USA IIC+) in the Axe that are close to the Mark V modes.

A few notes here:

- The procedure used to do the amp match was as detailed out by Morphosis (Thank you!), using the template preset and sine wave "synth" noise to send signal
- The Mark V was connected to Axe FX II via the Slave Out. As per the Mark V manual the slave out is after the "Preamp" and "Poweramp", so it's getting the both.
- I used an Ownhammer Cab after the ToneMatch block. It's a Mesa V30(2) Cab with a blend of SM57 & MD421 Mics. If you don't have these Cabs you can substitute for any Cab of your liking. I am sure it will sound good. The Tone Match is capturing before the Cab so the Cab was not part of the tone match process per say!
- All Channels & Modes were matched in 90 Watts and Full Power setting on the Mark V
- Each setting was done in Fat Switch On & Fat Switch Off. This is indicated with an "F" at the end of the Preset Name
- Channel 3 Mark IIC+ Mode was done with the "Triode" Poweramp setting whereas the Mark IV & Extreme Modes were done with the "Pentode" setting.
- Channel 2 Crunch Mode & Channel 3 Mark IIC+, Mark IV & Extreme modes were done using the EQ Sliders on the Mark V in the typical "V- Shape". All other Modes were done without using the EQ Sliders.
- I generally used John Petrucci type settings where applicable as they are readily available and well he's my favorite guitarist

Alright so there you have it! Feel free to provide feedback. I have not tried amp matching utilizing "Pink Noise" or "by playing chords" on the guitar as Cliff suggested. If i have time i may try it.

Hope some of you find this bank useful! Since i exported these with the Axe-Edit i am not sure if there will be any corruption of the presets or not. ENJOY!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1701683/Mark V.syx

Hey buddy, fantastic job in nailing this tone machine!! I still own the Mark 5 amp and would say this is a darn accurate TM job here! Thanks a zillion for sharing, have been waiting to have the Mk 5 in my Axe Fx2 to make it COMPLETE....which it now is to me ;)

Hello Everyone, i am excited to share this pack with you. I got a bit impatient waiting for a Mark V amp match, so i went to guitar center and bought the dang thing! Spent the last day or so Amp Matching and the result is this pack. Sorry i don't have clips to share, but with my ears i don't hear much difference! It helps that there are already amps (USA Clean, USA Rhythm, USA Lead, USA IIC+) in the Axe that are close to the Mark V modes.

A few notes here:

- The procedure used to do the amp match was as detailed out by Morphosis (Thank you!), using the template preset and sine wave "synth" noise to send signal
- The Mark V was connected to Axe FX II via the Slave Out. As per the Mark V manual the slave out is after the "Preamp" and "Poweramp", so it's getting the both.
- I used an Ownhammer Cab after the ToneMatch block. It's a Mesa V30(2) Cab with a blend of SM57 & MD421 Mics. If you don't have these Cabs you can substitute for any Cab of your liking. I am sure it will sound good. The Tone Match is capturing before the Cab so the Cab was not part of the tone match process per say!
- All Channels & Modes were matched in 90 Watts and Full Power setting on the Mark V
- Each setting was done in Fat Switch On & Fat Switch Off. This is indicated with an "F" at the end of the Preset Name
- Channel 3 Mark IIC+ Mode was done with the "Triode" Poweramp setting whereas the Mark IV & Extreme Modes were done with the "Pentode" setting.
- Channel 2 Crunch Mode & Channel 3 Mark IIC+, Mark IV & Extreme modes were done using the EQ Sliders on the Mark V in the typical "V- Shape". All other Modes were done without using the EQ Sliders.
- I generally used John Petrucci type settings where applicable as they are readily available and well he's my favorite guitarist

Alright so there you have it! Feel free to provide feedback. I have not tried amp matching utilizing "Pink Noise" or "by playing chords" on the guitar as Cliff suggested. If i have time i may try it.

Hope some of you find this bank useful! Since i exported these with the Axe-Edit i am not sure if there will be any corruption of the presets or not. ENJOY!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1701683/Mark V.syx

Hi everyone, can we use these with Firmware 8.01a....?

did you upload these to the Axe Exchange? I am unable to use this link. Thanks Much. Mark V is s great amp. I would love to have the patches to hear it through the AXE FX II.

did you upload these to the Axe Exchange? I am unable to use this link. Thanks Much. Mark V is s great amp. I would love to have the patches to hear it through the AXE FX II.

Right click and "save".....

I don`t think he is on the forum anymore.

This may be an easy fix but I have a question. I'm on 9.02 and when I load the presets on, they sound good and usable. But when I hit layout...select the cab block...and as soon as I hit Edit, the sound changes! It loads my user cabs right then and changes everything. But when I audition the presets right from the computer, they sound great. But as soon as I open the cab block, the sound is changed, even without changing the cabs.

I have no idea, I dont use axe edit for fear of fucking my expensive axe fx II up. I upload all cabs and presets with Bomes sendSX, I havent had a problem like you describe. Give it a try. Its super easy. pm me if you need help.

Back
Top Bottom