Mark IIC++/Mark IV/Triaxis fader settings for lead sound

Oscarraap

Hey guys, how do you set the faders on mark IIc++, mark IV and triaxis for lead sounds? Please share some values!

I looked at every Mesa Boogie preset available, but nearly all of them focus on rhythm sound, or don't use the faders at all.

I'm specifically looking for advice on the faders, so I can make it easier to dial in the amps by 'mixing into' some common fader settings.

Im actually thinking about buying a Triaxis because it has fixed EQ presets (Dynamic voice) I could mix into. That would make things a lot easier, but before I buy one perhaps someone has figured out how to set the faders on the axe fx model to mimic the Triaxis Dynamic voice value 2 and 3.
I have seen some pictures of corresponding faders in the Triaxis manual, but I would like some accurate values for the axe fx.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Cheers, Oscar

the way to set the sliders/eq on a 'mark' series amp, is to first bypass the eq and focus on the regular controls. when you have a sound you are happy with, use the eq to perfect it. starting out with the eq engaged makes dialing in your sound much harder.

usually, it's a soft V

you might want to check out some of the rig rundown videos on youtube for petrucci

Thanks, I looked at everything there is to find on the internet about these real amps.

But the EQ of the axe models are different. What values are you using? Im looking for some hands on experience just to get my bearings.

Thank you!

If you're using implulse responses, those are going to change the sound just as drastically as any EQ settings you might make with the 5-band sliders.
Like wezzley sort of mentioned, get your sound into the ballpark range of what you want by first finding the right IR; then using the bass, mid, and treble controls; then fine-tune with the 5-band EQ.
Even if I gave you the settings I use, it probably wouldn't be of any use to you if you're using a different IR and different guitar. I usually use super-bright IR's and my main guitar has a disgustingly large midrange bump. If you don't have those, then my scooped 5-band EQ curve will probably sound terrible on your end.

For metal(ish) The V

Attachments

• petrucci mk V settings 2011.png
    petrucci mk V settings 2011.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Petrucci settings Top MK IV.jpg
    Petrucci settings Top MK IV.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 71
There are no values for the real Boogie graphic EQ. Each band's slider has about a 1.5" throw and the slider cap is 0.25" wide, so it's far from a precision indicator. Even if you know the exact position of each slider on the real amp, translating that to the +12 to -12 value range on the Axe is going to be an approximation at best. You'll still have to dial it in by ear just like on the real amp.

Back
Top Bottom