Marix NL12 review.

that is correct. Personally I feel the Q12 powered by the GT1000FX was the best FRFR I played. Period -- end of story as far as I am concerned. If the NL12 had not come along I would still be playing the Q12.

However at the end of the day I don't want a "miked" guitar tone no matter how good it sounds -- I prefer a real cab. It is a personal preference and no slag on the FRFR guys. I have played tube amps all of my life and it is a different experience playing a real cab driven by an amp vs a monitor.

Apples vs Oranges

No one on this board that has real experience with quality tube amps and cabs will argue that.

The NL12 was a game changer and eye opener with respect to the Axe-FX for me. It has taken my playing and tone with the Axe-FX to another level.

I feel more comfortable dialing in and playing through a real cab and the NL12 sounds and feels awesome!!!!

Again .. it is a personal preference.

Are using cab sim?

OH IR's?

Cab sims with no mic?

I have the Q12A's. How do they compare to NL12's?

Nice!

Love the Andersons!

Full rig pick, CFR is used as a fold back with vox. I will be gigging with the N12 this weekend for the first time BTW.

0zq2.jpg

Are using cab sim?

OH IR's?

Cab sims with no mic?

I have the Q12A's. How do they compare to NL12's?

I do not use any cab sims or IRs with my NL12 when I gig.

With respect to how they sound in comparison to a Q12a or Q12. Apples and Oranges

You are talking FRFR vs a real cab.

In my case I thought the Q12 sounded amazing but I personally prefer the sound and feel of real cabs.

I had the GT1000 and port city cab with V30's. Would this be closer to what your doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

The difference will be how both cabs are tuned, woods and speakers etc.

Port City makes terrific cabs -- their 112 and 212 Wave cabs are outstanding!

What's about playing a decent acoustic guitar through a Matrix NL12?

Does it sound good?

Thx for sharing your opinions!

LVC - I think it's time for a nice video demo of your new Gibson with those NL's and some sweet clean tones!!!

Here you go .. nothing fancy your basic noodling with a guitar clip :lol

Sorry for the clams

Quick iPhone clip

Part 1 Dumble
Part 2 Cleans with the Fender Twin

What's about playing a decent acoustic guitar through a Matrix NL12?

Does it sound good?

Thx for sharing your opinions!

I do this with a J45. Just on its own dry it sounds great.

Electric, I've used cab sims on and cab sims off. Both sound very good - in spite of the NL12 not being FRFR. I don't know how this can be, but it just is - like the huge sound and volume coming from such a small box. .

I've decided I'm going to stick with cab sims off for a while, as generally when playing live with a loud drummer, I prefer 'straight' guitar tones - ie no reverb or other 'clutter'.

Another mindless noodle with the 336. Wife came in and shut me down ... LOL

this time I am using the Friedman BE --- The Friedman is not just for High Gain.

I think it is one of the most touch sensitive amps Fractal offers. All you have to do is dig in and the amp sings.

It is the best amp to cut through the mix for a solo with a horn band.

It really has become one of my all time favorite amps. I think of it as a pissed off Dumble with a sensitive side :lol

Last edited:
Nice!

Love the Andersons!

+1

Andersons are something special (IMO).
I've got two Drop Tops and a Bulldog.

Prob going to sell the Bulldog soon (as I never play it since I go a Silverburst Les Paul).

(back to your originally scheduled program)

Reactions: LVC
Another mindless noodle with the 336. Wife came in and shut me down ... LOL

this time I am using the Friedman BE --- I think of it as a pissed off Dumble with a sensitive side :lol]

I think we could all be described like that at times! Great analogy.

Gibson semis are addictive. Have you experienced the breathing effect when playing at high volume; like the F holes are exhaling onto the sensitive part of your inner wrist? Thought I was imagining it at first - like a dog panting!

I think we could all be described like that at times! Great analogy.

Gibson semis are addictive. Have you experienced the breathing effect when playing at high volume; like the F holes are exhaling onto the sensitive part of your inner wrist? Thought I was imagining it at first - like a dog panting!

Yep

Actually that is a very good sign.

Means you have a very resonant semi with excellent tone wood.

You have a "keeper" !!!!!

I found it to be hit or miss when buying one.

I tried out at lest a 1/2 dozen or so guitars before finally purchasing the one I did.

Back
Top Bottom