Making the MFC and Axe-Fx III work together?

Yep, data dump = backup. Wouldn't be prudent not to backup:D

I Suck, backed it up, made the preset names thru MFC Edit, sent it back to the MFC......... nothing......... I shoulda quit while I was ahead.

Tried it twice now. P0001 still reads MFC-101. Actually all the presets read MFC-101.

I uploaded the file so you can see.

NOTE: I had a colonoscopy this morning, but it can't possibly be the drugs..... At least not these drugs..... More likely the drugs I did in the 80s:(

Attachments

• 6-4-18-MFC-in.syx
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
Gonna be honest. Just changed preset 001 using the MFC. A little more time consuming, but heck, thats how I will have to do it live if we change the set on the road

Boom.

MMGT16.jpg

Thanks guys for the replies to my inquiry. As suggested, I may go ahead and just keep the AXE FX II XL for my shows but also bring the AXE FX III along to switch between them as I gradually rewrite all of my presets for the AXE FX III.
I have so many presets to re-write and gigs coming up fast, that I do not want to take up time re-programming my MFC if I don't have to. If the FX II XL will operate the FX III when changing presets on the MFC through the FX II's Midi out then great. Otherwise I will just have to manually switch between the FX II and FX III with an A/B switch until all presets are re-written. In addition to my many presets I have magnetic output, acoustic output, and my guitar synth, of which I have to route through one of the AXE FX units, plus add Midi PC changes to my guitar synth and a Midi TC-Helicon Voice effects processor, per every preset. As you can see this is why I am looking for the easiest way to transition everything as I go from the AXE FX II XL to the AXE FX III. This week I was getting overwhelmed with trying to re-write presets, re-program midi control, and re-route all of my ancillary devices an outputs to seamlessly work with the AXE FX III before the next show. I was getting over anxious to convert everything to the AXE FX III in a short amount of time but the stress was not worth it, if you know what I mean... LOL...

I was getting over anxious to convert everything to the AXE FX III in a short amount of time but the stress was not worth it, if you know what I mean... LOL...
I know what you mean. I'm stressing trying to get mine programmed before our next show June 23rd at the House of Blues and I'm kind of now leaning towards using my AX8 instead and use the III for our next show Aug 4th. Maybe by then Axe-Edit III will be complete and I'll have an FC.

Hi everyone, I'm back.... I was ALMOST there. All my presets were dialed so I decided to run the set withOUT Axe Edit. Oh noooooooo, WTH!!!!!!!!!

SO, attached the screen shot of what my preset looks like when I use the MFC to engage it, but then when I when I go to scene 2 and back to scene 1 all is fine. What happens when engaging the preset with the MFC is that ALL my blocks that I have programed into the MFC are now ON. I think I know why, because I watched the video Chris made on the new firmware and decided to SETUP > MIDI/REMOTE > EFF BYPASS MODE set to toggle..... Guess I shouldn't have done that:( So, I changed back to value and all is well EXCEPT..........

So, now as I go thru my presets, I have no delay or drive engaged when changing presets using the MFC. HOWEVER, if I change to preset 2 and then back to preset 1, all is well and all blocks are as they should look.

Pic 1, engaging preset with MFC with EFF BYPASS MODE set to toggle

Pic 2, engaging preset with MFC with EFF BYPASS MODE set to value

Pic 3, engaging preset with Axe Edit, front panel, OR if I switch scenes using the MFC and then come back to scene 1.......ugh

Pic 3 is what its supposed to look like anytime I go to the preset....

SO I narrowed it down, to this is the MFC. I Looked over my MFC edit, and the delay and the drive are the only blocks programmed into the MFC that are ON when switching presets. All other blocks are OFF.

Summation: All blocks that should be on are off, and all blocks that should be off are on WHEN SWITCHING TO THE PRESET USING THE MFC ONLY. Once I switch scenes however, and come back to scene 1, everything is ok. SO I know now that Chris' video showing to EFF BYPASS MODE set to toggle is supposed fix the problem, but I no longer no what to do in MFC edit so that when EFF BYPASS MODE is set to toggle that all will be right........

Whew sorry everyone. I wish I understood all this...... I might copy this post to Chris' video thread too.

Help?

Attachments

• Toggle.png
    Toggle.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 5
  • VAlue.png
    VAlue.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Axe Edit.png
    Axe Edit.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
There's a "Send w/ preset" parameter for general-use IAs on the MFC, which is probably enabled. So with "toggle' style on the Axe-FX, the MFC sends the CCs after recalling the preset and makes the bypass states opposite from saved.

If you disable "send w/ preset" for all IAs it should allow scenes to load as saved, and toggle effects without requiring any double-stomps. The IA LED states will probably be opposite of the real effect state at times. If you preferred no LEDs at all over sometimes-wrong LEDs, another option would be to use momentary or auto-off style with only the "on" state sending a CC value.

There's a "Send w/ preset" parameter for general-use IAs on the MFC, which is probably enabled. So with "toggle' style on the Axe-FX, the MFC sends the CCs after recalling the preset and makes the bypass states opposite from saved.

If you disable "send w/ preset" for all IAs it should allow scenes to load as saved, and toggle effects without requiring any double-stomps. The IA LED states will probably be opposite of the real effect state at times. If you preferred no LEDs at all over sometimes-wrong LEDs, another option would be to use momentary or auto-off style with only the "on" state sending a CC value.

Thanks for your reply Bakerman. Yes I just found that. I does not appear to be global and I need to do it with each preset in the MFC correct?

Bakerman you are the MAN. Done! I changed all 17 IA's to "No" and the front panel is still set to EFF BYPASS MODE set to value. I guess I wont experiment with TOGGLE lol

Thanks Bakerman!!!!!!!!!!!!111

thanks for these tips. everything works by my side for the midi tweaks but I have another question and sorry if it has already found an answer before :

there is a simple way to import the list of the names of the presets in the mfc?

thanks for these tips. everything works by my side for the midi tweaks but I have another question and sorry if it has already found an answer before :

there is a simple way to import the list of the names of the presets in the mfc?
There is if you're using MFC-edit... You can create a text file and import it.

thanks for the reply.
I do not have it, I have to buy it only for this function until the fc arrives .. it's a bit annoying but :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom