Making profit selling presets with the altruistic support of this community

I kind of like his videos. Despite him playing music that I generally barf over. I watched this particular vid and I was like "Ooooh is he bringing his own China Boy cymbal to the shoot?" Then I see the hat he's wearing in the vid
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I play in a country cover band. I have a white hat and was trying to pull off the Brad paisley look. I’m looking more like woody from toy story. Let’s see what a 1k dollar custom made hat looks like. Results coming in about a month or so.

I play in a country cover band. I have a white hat and was trying to pull off the Brad paisley look. I’m looking more like woody from toy story. Let’s see what a 1k dollar custom made hat looks like. Results coming in about a month or so.
We play a mini-country set. The Georgia Satellites, Dwight Yolkham(sp?) and Shania Twain. And some Walker Hayes thing?

:disrelieved:

They are super fun to play and people dig it. I wear a tinsel wig though. No cowboy hat here.

It’s not work, it’s help. There’s a difference. In a work relationship it’s established at the outset what someone is doing for compensation and the use of their time. Again you’re trying to conflate things into a false argument.
Disagree completely.

Reactions: BBN
Although that wasn’t the part that was humorous, there is a more pressing issue.

No one is entitled to an offense free world. My opinion may in fact offend you. It’s still my opinion.

Peace.

I can't recall who said it, or where I came across it, but I once heard someone describe spirituality
as discovering a way to be ok with being offended, and then progressing with that until one was
not offended any longer.

Of course, that has nothing to do with criminal injustices and acts of violence. Just the normal
everyday stuff many of us get being out of shape by. Like how dare that traffic in front of me
not get out of my way.

It’s also far from reasonable to assume there are literally zero lazy people who just choose to piss away money.
Lazy is clearly defined. It exists because people can actually be lazy.
Not quite sure how that’s debatable.

As a rather slothful soul I can confirm this. :)

My problem is my rather advanced tastes and expectations prevent me from
being satisfied with what the "average" person can offer---and by "average"
I mean, me.

I kind of like his videos. Despite him playing music that I generally barf over. I watched this particular vid and I was like "Ooooh is he bringing his own China Boy cymbal to the shoot?" Then I see the hat he's wearing in the vid
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Haha! For the record it is technically called a "White Guy's Sombrero." It does take a Cymbal Bag to transport it to
gigs so I can understand the confusion. :)

As a preset-buying virgin, and a lazy and unmotivated person, I need to confess that
this thread has led me to want to buy some presets. :)
Check the free Boston preset offered above. I'm not generally a tone chaser but Boston is an exception as I was raised on that sound in the 70s (1st concert I attended was Boston in 77). Lots will say just bump 800hz and yur there - though that's a part of it for sure, there's a lot more to it for those of us who have that umique guitar sound affixed to our brains - we know when it's right and not. Mr SixString's patch gets real close with my guitar and in an interesting way that I'm trying to decipher.

As a rather slothful soul I can confirm this. :)

My problem is my rather advanced tastes and expectations prevent me from
being satisfied with what the "average" person can offer---and by "average"
I mean, me.
I’m the first to say I’m the worlds ok’est guitar player. I have zero interest in putting in the time, energy or effort in approaching anything in the same room with who I consider “the best”. I have really zero ego with all of this shit. I have no problems playing on the same stage with a player who might be light years better than me. It’s not an Olympic sport, it’s music.

A few country gigs ago the band leader picked up the board mix from the venue. He spent 5 solid minutes trying to tap dance around constructive criticism of my playing. “Just spit it out” I finally told him 😂. “You should be at about 1/4 the note count you are playing”.
So that’s what I did following that conversation. And it sounded so much better that way, too.

I’m the first to say I’m the worlds ok’est guitar player. I have zero interest in putting in the time, energy or effort in approaching anything in the same room with who I consider “the best”. I have really zero ego with all of this shit. I have no problems playing on the same stage with a player who might be light years better than me. It’s not an Olympic sport, it’s music.

A few country gigs ago the band leader picked up the board mix from the venue. He spent 5 solid minutes trying to tap dance around constructive criticism of my playing. “Just spit it out” I finally told him 😂. “You should be at about 1/4 the note count you are playing”.
So that’s what I did following that conversation. And it sounded so much better that way, too.

Man, that worked out way better than when I offered our singer some feedback last week and he told me to "F**k off!!"

He later apologized. When he did I should have told him to "F**k off!!" :tearsofjoy:
:tearsofjoy:

Let’s see what a 1k dollar custom made hat looks like. Results coming in about a month or so.

/derail INCOMING!

Just look at my profile pic. Custom O'Farrell. Wore off-the-shelf for years and never could find one that really suited me or that I thought looked natural setting on my brainpan. This one was measured and made specifically for my heads dimensions and shape, and worth every penny, and every day I waited for it. There was a 9 month waiting list at the time.

/derail INCOMING!

Just look at my profile pic. Custom O'Farrell. Wore off-the-shelf for years and never could find one that really suited me or that I thought looked natural setting on my brainpan. This one was measured and made specifically for my heads dimensions and shape, and worth every penny, and every day I waited for it. There was a 9 month waiting list at the time.
And you look perfect wearing it!

/derail INCOMING!

As my grandson would put it: "doood, that is drip!" - translated to boomerspeak = "nice hat man!"

My thinking is this: unless a transaction has agreed in advance, I assume that I am giving freely and without reservation.

If someone hires me to play on their recording, I negotiate my fee and do the work. If someone asks for help and I agree - or I freely offer help - I am unreservedly donating my time / energy / expertise. If the recipient later capitalizes on it, so be it. I don't keep a balance sheet for things I give away. I am always happy to help other musicians with anything. If I show up at your gigs, I'll offer to help you carry gear, get set up, run cables, whatever.

Disclaimer: If you need help moving your Hammond B3 up three flights of stairs, I'm busy that day.
I can attest to this, having had this fine human turn up to my gigs and insist on packing up cables!

/derail INCOMING!

Hat looks great! I let Google be my guide and impulse ordered at Watson Hat Shop out in Arizona. Had a half hour phone convo and supplied stalker level Brad paisley pics to underscore what I’m looking for. I have his off the rack boot barn hat and it looks good, but I want that worn in floppy look like his and I think there’s no getting that if it’s not made that way or a million years old.

Hat looks great! I let Google be my guide and impulse ordered at Watson Hat Shop out in Arizona. Had a half hour phone convo and supplied stalker level Brad paisley pics to underscore what I’m looking for. I have his off the rack boot barn hat and it looks good, but I want that worn in floppy look like his and I think there’s no getting that if it’s not made that way or a million years old.
Huh. Right down the street from The Horny Toad. 15 mins. from where I just moved from last year. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom