AFIII Maelstrom

What a fantastically enjoyable composition...
This is a high calibre effort..for sure.
You never dissappoint.
THANK YOU!

Wow! That was awesome!!!

I listened to it once, then had to listen two more times; it was that good!

Thanks for sharing it.

Great tune... normally not my kind of music, but this one sounds verrrryyyy good to me. !!

Very nice! Loved it. Out of curiosity, is all your material purely (or mostly) instrumental? Or do you also have pieces with vocals? If the latter, a link would be appreciated. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that it's not the "cookie monster" screamer style (no offense intended if that's the case, just not my thing and it spoils my enjoyment in many recordings that are otherwise filled with superb musicianship and production)

Thanks a lot for the kind words! Happy you like my stuff.

Dpoirier I only do instrumental stuff. My voice is total garbage, couldn't find a good singer in my proximity area. I am not a huge fan of growl vocals as well, prefer clean vocals.

Hey all,

A new tune. Heavily progressive. Lots of synths, lots of solos. All guitars and bass are FW 22.01

Enjoy

I have listened to all of your tunes on Soundcloud, I am an instrumental guy myself as well.....your stuff is TOP NOTCH ! I hope someone gives you a record deal......You are just as good as all of the most famous shredders in the world ! Could I buy your Fractal presets ? lol.... Cheers, Luke.

LUKE D MILLER

Thanks for the kind words Luke, much appreciated.

Afraid my presets won’t help you. Standalone, a preset may sound great. When put in a mix, chances are it will sound thin, squishy and horrible. That’s the nature of a hi-gain guitar sound in a mix.

To achieve a nice solid sound, you should unmute your dry guitar track and put it in a playback loop, and search for a preset in your library that sounds good in the mix, then tweak it to your likings. Or start off with a new preset from scratch while playing the whole mix.

IMHO, that’s the only way of doing the high gain stuff. Working on a standalone preset without the whole mix is useless.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chrono

LUKE D MILLER

Thanks for the kind words Luke, much appreciated.

Afraid my presets won’t help you. Standalone, a preset may sound great. When put in a mix, chances are it will sound thin, squishy and horrible. That’s the nature of a hi-gain guitar sound in a mix.

To achieve a nice solid sound, you should unmute your dry guitar track and put it in a playback loop, and search for a preset in your library that sounds good in the mix, then tweak it to your likings. Or start off with a new preset from scratch while playing the whole mix.

IMHO, that’s the only way of doing the high gain stuff. Working on a standalone preset without the whole mix is useless.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chrono
Thank you, I understand, I actually get are pretty good sound already, I just liked yours a little better...lol... Could you do me a favor though ? I need an opinion from a great guitarist like yourself. Can you listen to a few of my songs and let me know what you think ? I could use some good advice. Please see the posts of my songs on the " Fractal AXE FX III recordings" section of the Fractal Forum. Thank you and best regards. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom