LTE Kindred Spirits solo (SoloAWeek)

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Liquid Tension Experiment Kindred Spirits solo (SoloAWeek)

After taking a week "off" for work (oh, irony), SoloAWeek is back with its 25th week!

Here's one of my all-time favorites: John Petrucci's "Kindred Spirits" solo from the first Liquid Tension Experiment album.

The preset uses the USA Lead 1 amp.

I didn't end up being as happy with this tone on YouTube as I was with it through my monitors. Initially, it kicked major ass, but it seems to lose something in the transfer. Let me know what ya'll think.

(Stick around till the end for some rhythm played on this patch, sans delay.)

View attachment Kindred Spirits (Live)(3).syx

Last edited:

Ok. Here's the patch!!!

Here's the downside...I made it and played it on FW 2.0b.

So, I've made some adjustments to it since recording to a) sound better on FW 3 and b) sound better in general. There is a little less drive (turn off boost if there's too much) and I've adjusted the tone itself a bit, but it's still not yet quite as good as I had it on FW 2.

Have fun tweaking!

Last edited:
I loaded the preset through Axe-Edit and my Axe went berserk.... Clipping as madness, and loud noise through the speakers.
Maybe a problem with Axe-Edit ...

I loaded the preset through Axe-Edit and my Axe went berserk.... Clipping as madness, and loud noise through the speakers.
Maybe a problem with Axe-Edit ...

Hmmmm... Not happening on my end. Though that did happen to me a couple of days ago with the same patch. I do think it's an AxeEdit issue.

Hmmmm... Not happening on my end. Though that did happen to me a couple of days ago with the same patch. I do think it's an AxeEdit issue.

I guess so. Saw another report regarding another preset with the same issue.

Pretty out of the ordinary settings BTW, treble at zero and pesence full. ;)

Last edited:
I guess so. So another report regarding another preset with the same issue.

Pretty out of the ordinary settings BTW, treble at zero and pesence full. ;)

Yeah. Notttt the settings I had on there. So this has been documented as happening with some frequency? I do hope it worked when FAS decided to forward the patch to JP himself...

im not getting anything when i load the patch. ive played around with everything and cant get any sound at all.
looks like the cab volume was all the way up too.
i also keep hearing a small amount of sound delaying through my cab every few seconds.
very weird

cc, any chance you could just post the preset's basic amp values, so we can compare what the values should be to what we're seeing in Axe-Edit?

I've reuploaded the patch. Maybe it will work this time?

Amp settings are somewhat close to the "Best of Times Lead" that was floating around for the Ultra a while back, with some changes.

AMP: USA LEAD 1
DRIVE: 8.72
BOOST: ON (OFF to taste)
BASS: 5.24
MID: 2.87
TREB: 6.81
PRESENCE: 3.15
DEPTH: 0.0
MASTER VOL: 3.15

Cabinet Settings

CAB L: 4x12 Recto V30 (RW)
MIC L: NONE
LEVEL 0, PAN -50, ROOM 0

CAB R: 4x12 Recto V30 (RW)
MIC R: U87 COND
LEVEL 0, PAN 50, LOW CUT 20, HIGH CUT 20000, PROX 2.5

Pretty basic.

There was EQ in the patch when I recorded, but it doesn't sound right quite right on FW 3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom