LPD Tone Clone Lesson Queen Killer Queen Guitar Solo Tone Match

groovenut

Power User
Hey all! I just finished this one for my Lick Of The Week series on my Sonoran Dog Studios Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonoran-Dog-Studios.

I am due to post it Monday but thought I would post early here. There is no TMA block in the chain, just good old fashioned ears and tweaking. The biggest difference I hear between the original and the ToneClone is the stereo notch effect on the original that I believe is caused by the phaser being in stereo versus my track being in mono.

The guitar is an Anderson Cobra T. I used the single bridge and single neck for the tones.

I also played the harmony parts on one secondary guitar rather than have four guitar parts happening.

Last edited:
Such a gentle tone and so elegantly played. Kudos.
Thank you for the great compliment! Made my day :)
Very nice

The tone isn't quite the same... but hey, maybe it's actually 'better'?!?!? ;)

Good stuff :encouragement:

Yeah as I said in the first post, I think there is some modulated notch filtering happening in the stereo field from the original track being stereo with a stereo phaser. I just went mono with mine so Im not getting that effect.

'better'.. hmmm... hard to get better than the original... but I will take the compliment :) Thank you!!!

Thank you kindly gentlemen! I will try to get the patch up a little later, I'm in the teaching studio right now and dont have access to the patch...

Larry -

I tweaked the patch a tad... not to appear sacrilegious! I tossed the OD over to the MT-2 (blasphemy!) to get rid of the 'farts' in the Fuzz. Give a listen when you get a minute.

(Note: SAFARI issues with the BB are preventing an upload... I will find a way to get it online shortly).

Back
Top Bottom