Loose front imput jack?

Mehnike

Got my axe fx last week and was curious if all of the axe fx's have a pretty loose front input jack. I mean I was sitting at my desk and barely stepped on the cable and it pulled right out. Is this to prevent me from pulling the unit off my desk or what?

Many Thanks!

I read somewhere (Wiki?..) that the front input jack is manufactured deliberately this way. It might be for the reason that you suggest but let's see if anyone chimes in with the knowledge.

I noticed that quarter inch cables pull out of the front input jack really easy as well! i thought it was kind of weird. You'd think it would be pretty snug....

As Paul2916 said, the jacks are designed that way. Accident-prevention is one likely reason. Long service life over thousands of insertions is another. It's not uncommon for higher-end jacks to have this buttery-smooth feel to them, especially Switchcraft jacks (IIRC, the jacks on the Axe-FX are Switchcraft).

Last edited:
Makes sense. It really is buttery smooth. As long as its no defect on my end, I'm happy! Thanks for the replies guys.

i use an interface (fancy name for rack panel with a few jacks on it) to plug into, i let the $4.00 neutrik locking jack take the abuse, not an $1900 piece of gear.

The input jack is so loose because it's a plastic one.

Actually it's the best available on the market.

The plastic jack has been chosen to avoid ground loops between the guitar signal and the chassis.

The input jack is so loose because it's a plastic one.

Actually it's the best available on the market.

The plastic jack has been chosen to avoid ground loops between the guitar signal and the chassis.

I believe it is actually nylon. Could be wrong.

There are two conditions which are often referenced as "looseness" with regard to the input jack:

1) plug seems to slide easily in and out: this is the normal and desirable behavior exhibited by a high quality Switchcraft jack.

2) entire jack wiggles and appears to be in danger of falling inside of unit: this is the result of the nut on the front loosening. If this happens, CAREFULLY snug it and DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN! The threads are nylon/plastic/whatever and can be stripped easily! Once you have snugged it, put a small drop of clear nail polish on the threads to lock it into place.

Office 2007

I bought a book on microsoft office 2007 Professional serial key to swot up before starting a new job. I don't know which version of office Standard 2007 they use though. microsoft office 2007 Ultimate activationThe book starts off by saying something like "the first thing you'll notice is that microsoft office 2007 Professional cd key is radically different from previous versions". If you are familiar with it - should I check which version they have where I'm going to work and change the book if it's a pre- microsoft office 2007 Pro Plus generator version?

Back
Top Bottom