Looper controls assigned to footswitches

Nozkcb

Inspired
I'm trying to set up a patch with two Looper controls (record & play) as foot switches along with scene assignments.

Example:
(Foot switch #/Function)
  • 1/Record
  • 2/Play
  • 3/Scene 2
  • 4/Delay
  • etc. . .

It seems that this is not possible. Can someone confirm or, am I missing something?

Having to switch over all of the foot switches to access Looper functions to get to play and record switches, then switch back out of Looper mode to get to scenes, effects, etc. is a PITA and in the case of the song I need this for, is not something I can pull off in the allotted time.

Note: I also tried using an external switch and assigning the Looper Play function to it but, it seems that doing so disables the "Auto play" function when I record a loop segment. Auto play only seems to work when it the foot switch/looper mode is active.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in what you find out here. I've only had the AX8 for a 3 months or so, but so far just messing around I haven't found a solution. Would love to put key looper controls across the top switches and have scene controls on the bottom.

It was an option shown in pre-release demos, but by the time AX8 hit official release, the Looper controls were confined to a special Looper Control Mode. You can assign the two Control Switches to many of the Looper functions.

IMO, this is just one example of why AX8 midi and switch mapping need to be more like the Gordius Little Giant. Also IMO, that would've been a win win partnership.

It was an option shown in pre-release demos, but by the time AX8 hit official release, the Looper controls were confined to a special Looper Control Mode. You can assign the two Control Switches to many of the Looper functions.
You can assign Control Switches to play, reverse and half speed. Is there any way to assign footswitches to record and overdub? That would allow me to control looper from the main page.

You can assign Control Switches to play, reverse and half speed. Is there any way to assign footswitches to record and overdub? That would allow me to control looper from the main page.

Unfortunately not. You can use external footswitches and/or an external MIDI Controller to control every Looper function.

Adding a point, since I forgot how to do this. You can assign Record, Play and Erase to 3 switches. After recording something, press Play and then anytime you press record again it Overdubs. You can record as much as you want and press Play at any point and it will continue playing with the overdub and not start over.

Back
Top Bottom