Triggering Looper Record with external footswitch?

Donnie B.

Experienced
I have a Korg PS-1 plugged into Pedal #2 on my AXE8. I want to use it to trigger the looper on and off via Midi assignment #28 but can't figure out how to set it up.

Any step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It's a global setting:

SETUP->IO->CTRL

All of your MIDI CC values are set in this menu.

Scroll down until you see the looper control that you want, and assign it the appropriate CC number.

I'm confused. Do I need a MIDI foot switch to trigger record externally?
The OP seems to be using a momentary switch.
I've got a momentary switch plugged into pedal 4 set up as a momentary switch in the pedal menu and can assign looper record to trigger from pedal 4 but nothing happens.
help

Ernie

You can assign anything under SETUP->IO->CTRL to Pedal 4, but only the first assignment in the list will work.

By default EXT CTRL 4 is set to PEDAL 4. Set it to NONE. Assuming you don't have anything else also assigned to Pedal 4, it should then work for LOOPER REC.

I'm confused. Do I need a MIDI foot switch to trigger record externally?
The OP seems to be using a momentary switch.
I've got a momentary switch plugged into pedal 4 set up as a momentary switch in the pedal menu and can assign looper record to trigger from pedal 4 but nothing happens.
help

Ernie

You can assign anything under SETUP->IO->CTRL to Pedal 4, but only the first assignment in the list will work.

By default EXT CTRL 4 is set to PEDAL 4. Set it to NONE. Assuming you don't have anything else also assigned to Pedal 4, it should then work for LOOPER REC.

In addition you will need to set the PEDAL type to MOMENTARY: SETUP->IO->PEDAL

Back
Top Bottom