Looks like Logic 9 is $199 now.

I am not seeing where its $199. Apple store still showing $499

EDIT:
Ahhh found it MAC APP Store...

Mac App Store - Logic Pro

So is it my understanding that the software that was selling for $499 is now $199? is this the exact same software? I have cubase essentials 4 right now and was considering upgrading to Cubase 6 for $299. I have Imac running snow leopard btw. Does logic have a decent drum editor?

So is it my understanding that the software that was selling for $499 is now $199? is this the exact same software? I have cubase essentials 4 right now and was considering upgrading to Cubase 6 for $299. I have Imac running snow leopard btw. Does logic have a decent drum editor?

Yup. same software - Dont know about the drum editor. Soon to be new user here

From Apple:
Logic Pro 9 and Mainstage 2 are also available as digital downloads from the Mac App Store for a lower price.

Logic is a bargain at that price, but what's even more ridiculous to me is that MainStage is $30 apparently including 19 gb of optional download content. That's going to be a ridiculous amount of easy-to-use VIs and loops for $30.

This is a clear sign of Logic Pro 10 coming out. Maybe we should wait?

But at the same time, Pro 10 will prolly cost $499 and $199 is ridiculously low in comparison. I'd be surprised if pro 10 would be $300 more valuable.

But at the same time, Pro 10 will prolly cost $499 and $199 is ridiculously low in comparison. I'd be surprised if pro 10 would be $300 more valuable.

Funny, but I paid $500 for Logic Pro 9 and thought it was worth it at the time. :)

Bit I wonder too if this price drop means version 10 is imminent.

On the other hand I bought Aperture at $300 and Apple has put the same version on the App Store for $79 for a long time now. I think we're seeing the new paradigm in digital price/delivery playing out now.

Reactions: jon

I don't think Logic 10 will cost more. Apple is moving to a digital distribution model and without the cost of goods and distribution markups they are able to deliver at lower price points. This was already been done with iLife, iWorks, Aperture, and Final Cut Pro X.

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom