Looking for best online guitar instruction to improve technique

Did you do the 12-week course? It looks legit but the site doesn’t indicate when the next course (supposedly limited to 30 students) begins.

If it is as described I’m very interested.
I was there for the launch and hung out a few months through my recovery. Back then it was open ended where he’d just upload content every week or so. Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the genre but his alternate picking and control is second to none. I had twisted up my right hand in an unfortunate case of Saturday night palsy and it make the guitar pick feel like a baseball bat. After 7 or 8 months I recovered and left the academy.

I'm under the impression that many people have gotten a lot out of Troy Grady's technique stuff. Is he discredited these days or something?

(Never seriously did it myself.)

Just read a series of very negative reviews of the Andy James website, mostly to do with (apparently) non-existent support. For that price, that's quite a deterrent.

As of yesterday the OL and I are empty nesters. I have the need, motivation, and--at last--the time to bring much-needed improvement to my playing skills. There does not seem to be a teacher around who's available when I need them to be, so I think I'm stuck with virtual instruction. I have a number of
Truefire courses, but they're mostly to do with theory, which is fine, but I'm really looking for solid instruction on technique, especially alternate picking, etc. Random youtube videos just aren't going to cut it. I'm really hoping for some format that allows for feedback from an instructor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Karsten
I'll second the Paul Gilbert ArtistWorks site. He's awesome. Especially if you want to improve alternate picking. He reveals the secret to burning 3-note-per-string runs. Hint, he doesn't pick them all :) his method of directionality (when to do up v. down) unlocks higher levels of shred. It isn't limited certain patterns like some other methods.

also, as someone who retired in their 40s and suddenly had tons of time to play - take it easy. I overdid it in the first couple months and ended up getting trigger finger surgery which took about 3 years to get back to normal. I still can't play as long as is like, so I have to watch the time. It sucks.

Back
Top Bottom