Looking for an LP style guitar

https://reverb.com/item/51768448-1960-gibson-les-paul-standard-ragin-cajun-burst

lgxvxmrjtwjieripsszt.jpg

2019 GT 50s and 96 standard, all stock. Someone had a nice 90 standard in tobacco with lollars, but they were asking new price (it had a fair bit of honest wear on the back).
I had an Aria GT with P-90's that was identical to the real deal, right down to the covered fret ends. I sold it because I had to, along with my Axis and PV Wolfgang. Every time I see one like yours, I get them blues.

Thought I'd share few pics of my DIY project today. I installed the master-series-phase harness and switchcraft switch/output jack this afternoon. It definitely sounds different. 50's wiring sounds clearer and more open. The pots are more sensitive to smaller adjustments. I took out the stock PCB and kept the Gibson 490R for neck pickup and that is the BKP rebel yell in the bridge.

Attachments

• Gibby.jpg
    Gibby.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • Gibby1.jpg
    Gibby1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • Gibby2.jpg
    Gibby2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • Gibby3.jpg
    Gibby3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Suppose you want an inexpensive Les Paul that sounds and plays great and doesn't have the flaws people rag on Gibson for.
Any recommendations?
Just bought a 2021 LP Custom for a discount at some local Guitar store, nobody has any Customs so I went new but one year old lol

Back
Top Bottom