Looking for a neutral patch to use with a JTV Variax acoustic setting

I have recently purchased a variax JTX69 which is surprisingly good.

I am trying to find i assume a neutral sounding patch on the axe fx to suit the acoustic modeling of the variax.

I have a decent acoustic patch (thanks to Scott) which sounds fine through my standard electric guitar but does not suit the variax acoustic model.

the recommended set up for the accoustic variax setting seems to be a PA set or some other full range speaker 100% clean.

any tips?

on the line6 blog they recommend the following if using a HD500 "There is very little going on: in front of the mixer you have an EQ taking out a little bit of 220Hz, a tube limiter after the mixer pulling down the transients a tiny bit, and a plate reverb at the end making things sound a little wider. There is no amp processing and no heavy-handed EQ. Here’s a snippet of this setting:"

yes, i would probably run it like this > comp > tube pre > peq or geq > reverb

set the comp at about 3 with soft knee so it just works on the loudest parts of your playing (tweak threshold). do some mild tone shaping with the tube pre (this will also boost the level, which you'll need, probably) and do the 220hz cut with the peq or geq and fine tune the upper frequencies to taste. shouldn't be too hard!

I have a pretty nice one with my JTV59 where I tone matched a a nice acoustic recording from a mic company. I run my axe through the PA with QSC K12's. I'll try and post when I get home.

Try this one. pedal one controls the delay mix and pedal 2 is the verb mix.

Attachments

• Chuck Variax Acoustic.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
I just switch between GEQ and tube pre to boost and color the sound.

I'll try those presets. Cool to see what others does to make things more interesting.

I'm on the latest FW. Try disconnecting the ext pedal controls from the parameters in reverb and delay. Not sure what else it could be...or maybe the looper if it is on this patch? Dump it from the patch as well to see. At work so I don't have the axe in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom