Little hint to make the matching process even more accurate

Frozen

Inspired
After several matching tries, i felt like the results were pretty close, but not absolutely identical. For me there seemed to be more low and high end after the matching. So what i did was matching the usual way via tma block first. With that tone, i recorded the riff i matched in my DAW and compared it eq-wise to the original with ozone. The result: From 90Hz to about 10khz the eq-spectrum is accurate, while the original track seems to have a lot less db beneath ~100Hz and above ~10kHz. I tried this with about 5 different references and it was always the same.

So long story short: Put an Parametric EQ after the TMA block. Set Band 1 to Blocking @90Hz, Band 5 to Blocking @10-11kHz. At least for me that did quite a bit. If you feel it's still not there you could try to put another peq afterwards.

Thats kind of funny, I just went into the amp block and used the hi and lo cuts at around the same frequencies last night with my only TM attempt. But I always use the hi and low filters by default.

Yeah I noticed the extra low end and high end sparkle on tone matched presets, but then I always block everything below 80, and everything above 12k anyway. Sometimes even narrower (100 to 9k). Tone matching is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom