Little features you like about the Axe-Fx

iaresee said:
mortega76 said:
+1 on the double clicking on the bypass to reset parameters...
Here's a question about using this with the AMP block: do the different amp types have different default settings? What I find is I'm always lost for a baseline starting point when changing amp types in my patches. Lets say I'm using the Rectifier Orange type and I switch to a Vox -- my RO settings seem to stay making the Vox sound obviously awful. Could I just double tap the bypass to get sane defaults for that model?

When you change amps some of the parameters will change to their defaults for that specific amp too.
Not the normal tone controls though (except Bright).
Use the Global Amp feature to easily retrieve favorite amps.

iaresee said:
mortega76 said:
+1 on the double clicking on the bypass to reset parameters...
Here's a question about using this with the AMP block: do the different amp types have different default settings? What I find is I'm always lost for a baseline starting point when changing amp types in my patches. Lets say I'm using the Rectifier Orange type and I switch to a Vox -- my RO settings seem to stay making the Vox sound obviously awful. Could I just double tap the bypass to get sane defaults for that model?

Double clicking (sometimes double clicking doesn't work for me, triple clicking works better, just be careful that you have to make sure to disable bypass or you'll get a dry signal) on the bypass (while in the edit parameters of any block) will take you back to default settings on everything within that block... so If you were on the JCM800 sim and changed a bunch of parameters and double/triple click on the bypass, it would get you back to the Tube Pre model with every setting on default.

Scott Peterson said:
Bakerman said:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/G-Force_US_net.pdf[/url] 4-by-something grid to freely place & connect effects, LFO/ADSR/Pitch/Envelope controllers, adjustable modifier curves & damping, custom harmonizer scale (single global scale IIRC)... pretty cool for being over 10 years old IMO.

Yes I have. I owned one. Not even close in routing capability. Pretty cool then? You betcha'. This thread isn't about 'then' though.[/quote:3mt2b2h3]
Well. let's be honest here, you said nothing like the grid had ever been attempted, therefore opening a path to discuss the past. Bakerman reacted that the G-Force had had a grid and lo and behold, it did. Not anywhere near as good as the Axe, but still... a grid. That's all. Not an attack on the Axe. Just a reaction. Slightly off topic, also, but slightly justified. But let's not derail this thread any further though. Not worth it.

Back on topic: I'm in total awe of the machine. I have to say the auto-filling of a row with shunts is cool and jumping in a list with the side arrows is cool too. Along with EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

For me, the number one feature is the thrill I get from the announcement of a new firmware...

Christmas, several times a year.

mortega76 said:
Double clicking (sometimes double clicking doesn't work for me, triple clicking works better, just be careful that you have to make sure to disable bypass or you'll get a dry signal) on the bypass (while in the edit parameters of any block) will take you back to default settings on everything within that block... so If you were on the JCM800 sim and changed a bunch of parameters and double/triple click on the bypass, it would get you back to the Tube Pre model with every setting on default.
Bummer. Makes sense, but: bummer. I really wish there was a way to call up sane defaults for every amp model. Actually, didn't someone do that? Build a bank of patches that were just amp defaults? Man, that'd be handy reference if it isn't done already...

Dutch said:
Well. let's be honest here, you said nothing like the grid had ever been attempted, therefore opening a path to discuss the past. Bakerman reacted that the G-Force had had a grid and lo and behold, it did. Not anywhere near as good as the Axe, but still... a grid. That's all. Not an attack on the Axe. Just a reaction. Slightly off topic, also, but slightly justified. But let's not derail this thread any further though. Not worth it.

The G-Force is a straight up multi-effects, the Axe-FX is a full blown preamp guitar processor. Apples, meet oranges. The 'grid' is similar to the G-Force, but the G-Force is not a full blown preamp/effects processor. Semantics. I could have been clearer, yes. But the application of a grid in a preamp/guitar processor MODELING unit has never been attempted on this level. We cool now? ;) :D

Scott Peterson said:
Dutch said:

The G-Force is a straight up multi-effects, the Axe-FX is a full blown preamp guitar processor. Apples, meet oranges. The 'grid' is similar to the G-Force, but the G-Force is not a full blown preamp/effects processor. Semantics. I could have been clearer, yes. But the application of a grid in a preamp/guitar processor MODELING unit has never been attempted on this level. We cool now? ;) :D

It was very apparent back 2-3 years ago when I first read about the axefx that Cliff borrowed a lot of concepts from the G-force. Heck just look at the layout, A big in block at the front and the out block at the end and even the little tabs at the top, modifiers etc

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Little things I love about the axe... I like that I went into the studio tonight without a lead tone in mind (was supposed to be all rhythm tracks tonight), paged through my bank of lead tones, found one I liked and another where I liked the delay and reverb 1 minute later I had a merge of the two using the copy function. Some small tweaks and *Boom* I had my lead tone.

That patch w/effects library is f'n brilliant!

voes said:
SparkyG said:
Hi all

Not wanting to hijack the thread but how do you increase or decrease patch levels and save on the fly using 2 Ia's??

I would love that as a way to really get my patches level during a gig.

thanks.

On the I/O menu's CTRL page, you have the option to assign a CC to the functions called "VOLUME INCR" and "VOLUME DECR." These two functions increase and decrease the MAIN parameter of the MIX page of the LAYOUT menu with +-1dB and also saves the patch.

Ha ! Super Idea ! How come i did not think about it ! But two switches ... I need more switches ...

vaxed said:
The ability to increase and decrease patch levels and save on the fly.
Great in a gig situation.
Just a shame it takes out 2 of the stomp options on my FCB1010.

WOW ! How do you set that up :?:
Thats a great feature. I'd love to have that set up on the (eventual) arrival of the MFC

craiguitar said:
vaxed said:
The ability to increase and decrease patch levels and save on the fly.
Great in a gig situation.
Just a shame it takes out 2 of the stomp options on my FCB1010.

WOW ! How do you set that up :?:
Thats a great feature. I'd love to have that set up on the (eventual) arrival of the MFC

Read page 2.

It was touched on earlier but I simply love the high quality, all in one portability. I smile everytime I gig.

Hello Voes,
I am very glad to write about the System which I use the most, for the people who doesn't know what is Axe-fx, then it is the best guitar amp simulator and stereo effects processor. The best feature of the axe-fx is that it has a virtual studio which consists of 50+ amp models, 39 cabinets, 10 microphones, EQ, Pitch and many more. The other main feature is Studio Quality Components which consists of 24-bit Cirrus Logic converters, high performance analog devices, and it has an extremely low noise floor. This are all the best features which I like them most and i would like to here from you also that which are you favourite features.

The little features I like the most are the fact that it keeps $$$$ in my pocket and not GASing for a new amp every 2-3 months. Now I can GAS for new Guitars :mrgreen:

Scott Peterson said:
Dutch said:

You're always cool with me , Scott!

Just jivin'.

the fact that cliff continue improve this gear , while everybody here tells it's perfect and better than any other amp/gear in the world (and you better not saying it's not true lol) , is a feature that i really appreciate.
i think he's more open mind than most of fanatic axe users and listen to review, even bad one.
that's a great feature.

stef herbuel said:
the fact that cliff continue improve this gear , while everybody here tells it's perfect and better than any other amp/gear in the world (and you better not saying it's not true lol) , is a feature that i really appreciate.
i think he's more open mind than most of fanatic axe users and listen to review, even bad one.
that's a great feature.

+1

The width control and the LFO phase on the chorus that delays one channel with respect the other and inverts the pitch shift of one channel with respect to the other. Without this (and most devices omit it) the chorus is useless IMO. It sounds more like a flanger than a chorus with unwanted phase cancellations unless you separate the direct and the wet signals from one another by at least 10 ms, and the two wet signals from one another by the same. At least that's how I run my chorus 80% of the time, and without the width control I wouldn't be able to achieve the sound I want. It also wouldn't be mono compatable.

Back
Top Bottom