Little diddy about Migrating presets.

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
I created a real simple demo video on how you migrate AXE-EDIT presets over to AX8 using AX8-EDIT. Its really simple, you can enjoy my Background Easy listening music as I explain. I like easy listening music. Make sure you select 1080p or it will look like poo. I apologize for my ugly mug, I'm part of the Jeff baxter beard fan club for men, women can't apply. I guess they could...

EDIT: Yek pointed out that you can just drag and drop the Blocks onto the AX8-EDIT screen, instead of doing what I was doing by creating the blocks first. Thanks again, Yek!

OK, I created another video, with Yek's suggestion. It's really fast.

Last edited:
That's awesome Scott, much quicker than I thought it would be! I don't normally look forward to Monday, but being as that is delivery day it will be a much better Monday than normal. I will be putting this video to work right away! Thank for doing this one.

Hi Scott, you can just drag the saved blocks into an empty preset in AX8-Edit. No need to create them first.

That's awesome Scott, much quicker than I thought it would be! I don't normally look forward to Monday, but being as that is delivery day it will be a much better Monday than normal. I will be putting this video to work right away! Thank for doing this one.
No problem brother!

Nice video, but is there a way to transfer an axe preset to the ax8 if you don't own an axe fx? For expample, if I wanted to use the blocks from a certain axe fx preset I downloaded from here, how would I open those blocks in ax8 edit?

When doing that, note that the instance may change.
So a saved Filter 3 block may change into a Filter 1 block when inserted.

Nice video, but is there a way to transfer an axe preset to the ax8 if you don't own an axe fx? For expample, if I wanted to use the blocks from a certain axe fx preset I downloaded from here, how would I open those blocks in ax8 edit?
If you don't have an AXE-FX I imagine you could ask someone nicely to export the blocks for you. If you have something right now, I can do it for you and zip it up. Just send me a PM with your email. I'm doing them right now, so it's no biggie. The only issue we might have is if you have a commercial IR. I can't help you there.

If you don't have an AXE-FX I imagine you could ask someone nicely to export the blocks for you. If you have something right now, I can do it for you and zip it up. Just send me a PM with your email. I'm doing them right now, so it's no biggie. The only issue we might have is if you have a commercial IR. I can't help you there.
I don't currently have an ax8 yet, but when I get one, I might have to take you up on that offer. Thanks

When doing that, note that the instance may change.
So a saved Filter 3 block may change into a Filter 1 block when inserted.
Fortunately I don't have many presets with multiple instances of blocks, and none of the ones I use live are so I will be safe from that "why doesn't it work?" scenario. Glad you pointed that out though!

EDIT: Saw Scott's second video... that is easy! All that concern about sharing AxeFx presets seems a bit silly to me now!

Last edited:
Scott, just ran through pulling my first XL+ preset to my AX8 via blocks. Piece of cake! The sound is perfect once I adjusted output levels. Thanks again for sharing the information (Yek too) and taking a bit of the trepidation out of jumping into that process.

Enjoying it more every time I mess with it.

Scott, just ran through pulling my first XL+ preset to my AX8 via blocks. Piece of cake! The sound is perfect once I adjusted output levels. Thanks again for sharing the information (Yek too) and taking a bit of the trepidation out of jumping into that process.

Enjoying it more every time I mess with it.
Just trying to help some brothers out...;-)

That would be great if some of the guys that own Axe units take their favorite presents, convert, and place them in the exchange folder!!!

Thanks to all of the veterans for getting us newbies ready for the Fractal express!!

Back
Top Bottom