Liquid-Foot Pro Displays AXE-FX Tuner information

U2JustMe

Just wanted to thank Cliff for working his code into the AXE-FX. I downloaded v7.08 today and then put up the code for the Liquid-Foot. (see YouTube video for how to set up with Liquid-Foot).

Joining the Liquid-Tracks and the TC G-Major as sources of Tuner information, the Liquid-Foot Pro will now accept data from the AXE-FX.

Thanks again for a great product Cliff. For those with a Liquid-Foot- you would have received the firmware update this AM via email. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgE2IpwMhkU

Thanks both Cliff and Jeff!!! You both have great products and it is nice to see two companies that have (or will have) competing products not trying to cut each other down. Instead, you both have relatively open platforms that work symbiotically with each other. There is a tendency in electronics/computers to make proprietary formats. While I don't expect people to give their hard work or secrets away, it is always refreshing to find companies -nay, people, who take compatibility seriously and give the consumer more options.

Thanks again guys!

I just updated both my Axe-Ultra and my LF and the tuner functionality is working great on both units.

Thanks guys.

This is great news indeed! Great to see these two companies working together. Hopefully we'll see more of this to come.

Thanks Jeff & Cliff!

After giving up my Axe FX, this might well be one reason to bring me back. To have a happy partner for my Liquid Foot! :)

airbus said:
Thanks both Cliff and Jeff!!! You both have great products and it is nice to see two companies that have (or will have) competing products not trying to cut each other down. Instead, you both have relatively open platforms that work symbiotically with each other. There is a tendency in electronics/computers to make proprietary formats. While I don't expect people to give their hard work or secrets away, it is always refreshing to find companies -nay, people, who take compatibility seriously and give the consumer more options.

Thanks again guys!

+1

Thats great to hear. I love everyone playing together nicely.

Ive got my money socked away, just waiting to pounce on one of these controllers. Liquid foot is amazing, but Im waiting to see if Fractal will have the functionality of the LF. Im leaning towards Fractals form factor (Slightly smaller), & now that the LF has tuner ability (thanks Cliff - very sportsman like) its gonna be a tough decision.

Final pricing is obviously a factor, too.

supersecretjim said:
Ahhh, you big softy, you...

I see what you mean. If I could just find a band worthy of investing this much... And if Liquid would ship to Europe...

Isn't this something for G66 to pick up?

U2JustMe said:
Just wanted to thank Cliff for working his code into the AXE-FX. I downloaded v7.08 today and then put up the code for the Liquid-Foot. (see YouTube video for how to set up with Liquid-Foot).

Joining the Liquid-Tracks and the TC G-Major as sources of Tuner information, the Liquid-Foot Pro will now accept data from the AXE-FX.

Thanks again for a great product Cliff. For those with a Liquid-Foot- you would have received the firmware update this AM via email. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgE2IpwMhkU
You make some very comprehensive and easy to follow videos. Thanks for the time and effort.

Dutch said:
supersecretjim said:
I see what you mean. If I could just find a band worthy of investing this much... And if Liquid would ship to Europe...

Isn't this something for G66 to pick up?

If shipping, or just getting ahold of a liquid foot is a problem, Ive got relatives in Zeist. My mom is born & raised there & goes back once a year (at least). Her sisters come to visit here at least once a year too. In fact, they were just here last month. If the timing is right, maybe a Liquid Foot could find its way to you.

Realistically, if G66 is doing the Axe-Fx, Im sure the foot controller (Fractals) will be shipping to Europe soon after release.

oddb0d said:
After giving up my Axe FX, this might well be one reason to bring me back. To have a happy partner for my Liquid Foot! :)

You got to feel like the little fat kid who missed out on the ice cream, dont you? :p

GuitarDojo said:
oddb0d said:

You got to feel like the little fat kid who missed out on the ice cream, dont you? :p

I like ice cream. :D

I wonder if the new LF's being shipped will have the tuner protocol pre-programmed. IOW, can I just link it up and have the tuner work? Or will I have to use the video to help me program a new LF?

mitch236 said:
I wonder if the new LF's being shipped will have the tuner protocol pre-programmed. IOW, can I just link it up and have the tuner work? Or will I have to use the video to help me program a new LF?

You will need to use the video. It supports tuners for more than just the axe-fx so you need to let it now which protocol to use and which IA you want to use, and the CC# for turning the IA on/off. The Liquid Foot is not solely designed for that axe-fx.

I'm waiting to hear back about my LF order. I guess once word was out that the LF did floor tuner with the Axe the floodgates opened!!!

Back
Top Bottom