Liquid-Foot Midi Controller

U2JustMe

Guys- its such a shame how much information might have been lost given the setbb forum going down. I too lost my forum. But loads of great experiences. I hope they get it back up so we can grab that info...

for those interested. new forum is http://www.atfreeforum.com/liquidfoot

Like Cliff- I will have a forum off the main http://www.liquid-foot.com website in the near future.

Glad you got your's going again Cliff. Felt "Naked" for a few days... if you guys know what I mean.

Think about how much info we all had about the AXE-FX on that forum. just gone. not fun for anyone. We learn. we move on. We get to do it all over again. not bad.

Personally I don't think the info is lost. The database(s) are probably intact. I'm guessing the admin(s) are on holiday and once they return and get after the task at hand the forums will be up again. At that point you could ask the admin(s) to do a bulk export of the site (or just provide the databases) and then import what you want into the new forums.

Of course, everyone will be doing same, so you might have to get in line (or bribe / threaten them).

:D

U2JustMe said:
Think about how much info we all had about the AXE-FX on that forum. just gone. not fun for anyone. We learn. we move on. We get to do it all over again. not bad.
What is funny is that people cannot flame the newbies over not using the search on the Forum for a while. Having said that.... You're going to look like an idiot if you post and there is already a thread on it... Actually I might take that back... We should take a poll, who has used the Search feature on the new forum so far!!!!? :)

axetrax said:
Personally I don't think the info is lost. The database(s) are probably intact. I'm guessing the admin(s) are on holiday and once they return and get after the task at hand the forums will be up again.
I don't think it's lost either, but if they didn't pay their hosting bills it would be next to impossible to get access to the DB's. If they only have one admin who went on holiday, then that it pretty friggin' lame. You cannot host so many boards without having someone in place as a backup admin in case something goes wrong.

Cheers,
Dan

EEK! -- their domain name registration runs out in about a month. Maybe it's a planned "failure".

Maybe I shouldn't crystal ball so much.

la la la la la ...

Is there a waiting list for the Liquid Foot? Couldn't find anything on the website to work out what was is happening there... I am liking this unit more and more... Got to see the Fractal one too, but I think it will be hard to beat this beast. What happens though when Version 6 of the AXE FX comes out, how long would it take to get an update for the controller for auto mode etc. Will you be working with Cliff ahead of time, or will it be a response after the firmware is released? Or do you not see the firmware really impacting the setting up of the controller?

Cliff is a hard man to keep up with :D

You shouldn't have too much trouble. Firmware comes out pretty quick. Will try to coordinate with Cliff where possible. Worst case, it shouldn't take very long. If there are tough spots- I am sure Cliff will help the cause with basic info that I would need.

They are shipping. Second batch is being released Monday. Just PM here or on the http://www.atfreeforum.com/liquidfoot/ site. Thanks all.

Kramer_5150 said:
You cannot host so many boards without having someone in place as a backup admin in case something goes wrong.

especially when your home page promises "un by Team of Professionals with true 24x7 support. ". If the current problems arn't caused by their going out of business, then they will be out of business soon enough since nobody will trust them anymore. They can't even bother to put an explanation on their home page.

That does seem a little odd... I know I only 24 hours to buy, well, I don't like that too much especially if it is pricey... Say it's $800, then I will be umming and ahhhing for a while... I don't like impulse purchases. I am prone to do them and I get stung all the time and I hate buyers remorse..... That is what was cool with the Axe. I knew the price I waited 6 months, during that 6 months I found out that there was $400 discount for waiting, I was like SWEET, total no brainer.... Felt great when I bought it and would still buy it today. So I am happy.

javajunkie said:
skracus said:
GuitarDojo said:
When your name comes up on the list - you'll get the price.

:shock: What kind of marketing is that? Seems a very odd way of doing buisness.

temporary until production goes into full swing.

Still seems odd to me even if it is temporary, unless he is anticipating a price reduction once mass production begins. That would make sense to me although in the end there will be a few unhappy campers that jumped aboard quickly only to have the price come down after they've purchased.

Back
Top Bottom