Liquid Foot JR.

aksman said:
javajunkie said:
The full size version has 4. The point of the jr is a small footprint.

Ya... I guess :cry: , but the full size doesn't fit in a rack drawer, right? That was really my big concern.. and 4 inputs on the small one would be great too because you could have an external momentary tap tempo, and an expression pedal with built in switches... now that's a small total footprint!

I doubt he'll have 4 on the little guy, but I get what you are saying. One solution is use auto engage for the expression pedal on/off. I believe you could also set it up with a midi solutions footswitchor pedal controller. It will convert a expression pedal or switch into a midi message you could send to the liquid foot. They are very small and self powered. The switch version has a dual input model.

javajunkie said:
aksman said:
javajunkie said:
The full size version has 4. The point of the jr is a small footprint.

Ya... I guess :cry: , but the full size doesn't fit in a rack drawer, right? That was really my big concern.. and 4 inputs on the small one would be great too because you could have an external momentary tap tempo, and an expression pedal with built in switches... now that's a small total footprint!

I doubt he'll have 4 on the little guy, but I get what you are saying. One solution is use auto engage for the expression pedal on/off. I believe you could also set it up with a midi solutions footswitchor pedal controller. It will convert a expression pedal or switch into a midi message you could send to the liquid foot. They are very small and self powered. The switch version has a dual input model.

I've been looking at those little things forever! What one would I use to implement this, and how?

Is this small Liquid foot Jr. a real product to be released? Sounds very good to me. I'd love a small foot print midi controller with expression pedal input and a screen with names instead of just numbers.

I'm using an MFC5 right now and it works but I have to run an expression pedal cable and a Tap tempo cable separately to the pedal inputs on the axe. With the midi cable, I have 3 cables going to the Ultra.

what I would like to see would be something about the size of the MFC5 maybe a little bigger, if it could fit in a rack bag pouch that would be great. With 3 presets per bank, bank up and down buttons, at least one IA switch (for tap tempo or just turning on and off an overdrive that I could have in every preset. and 1 expression pedal input. The bigger display with names instead of numbers would be great.

Larry Mitchell said:
Is this small Liquid foot Jr. a real product to be released? Sounds very good to me. I'd love a small foot print midi controller with expression pedal input and a screen with names instead of just numbers.

I'm using an MFC5 right now and it works but I have to run an expression pedal cable and a Tap tempo cable separately to the pedal inputs on the axe. With the midi cable, I have 3 cables going to the Ultra.

what I would like to see would be something about the size of the MFC5 maybe a little bigger, if it could fit in a rack bag pouch that would be great. With 3 presets per bank, bank up and down buttons, at least one IA switch (for tap tempo or just turning on and off an overdrive that I could have in every preset. and 1 expression pedal input. The bigger display with names instead of numbers would be great.

He is gauging interest right. From the looks of it, it will probably be a go.

Here is a prototype (the final will have 2 more IAs up top.

http://liquidfoot.setbb.com/liquid-foot ... -t133.html

U2JustMe said:
size = 10x6. Its a tiny thing.

as for button layout--- there are two buttons on the top right (bank PREV and NEXT)

that leaves 4 presets and 4 IA buttons (4 each on 2 rows).

Basic Specs:

Modes: Preset, Song, Setlist, Slave, Master (slave and master work with Liquid-Foot Pro, Liquid-Tracks, Liquid-Rig modules)
Presets: 127
Songs: 100
SetLists: 20
1 Wire mode: Midi-In/Midi-Out and Power on one cable to LF jr. (same as Liquid-Foot)
Expression Pedal Ports: 2 or 3 (depending on model chosen)

May have to get the Jr. too!

GuitarDojo said:
U2JustMe said:
size = 10x6. Its a tiny thing.

as for button layout--- there are two buttons on the top right (bank PREV and NEXT)

that leaves 4 presets and 4 IA buttons (4 each on 2 rows).

Basic Specs:

Modes: Preset, Song, Setlist, Slave, Master (slave and master work with Liquid-Foot Pro, Liquid-Tracks, Liquid-Rig modules)
Presets: 127
Songs: 100
SetLists: 20
1 Wire mode: Midi-In/Midi-Out and Power on one cable to LF jr. (same as Liquid-Foot)
Expression Pedal Ports: 2 or 3 (depending on model chosen)

May have to get the Jr. too!

Sounds awesome. So how long and how much??? also, how high (since fitting in a 2u rack drawer would be amazing).

I really like this also, I don't care to have a huge number of IA's. It does occur to me that you could use two of these together, or just one for small gigs/rehearsals. Or one for live, two for studio.

What would be killer is to have the JR, mate up with the Full size to extend the IA's.

That way we could get a mini to run with quickly, a big boy version for more complex, and a granddaddy for all the bells and whistles.

I like modular solutions.

I own the regular and the only minor issue is the size, other than that it is Freaking amazing!

R

pairing the 2 together or allowing for standalone use sounds like a great idea...I wonder if the "rig control" port
would allow for that? I hope there is some news of release date and price soon. I sold my big liquid foot
controller and now miss it! this little one would fit more of what I need though.

boleary2 said:
pairing the 2 together or allowing for standalone use sounds like a great idea...I wonder if the "rig control" port
would allow for that? I hope there is some news of release date and price soon. I sold my big liquid foot
controller and now miss it! this little one would fit more of what I need though.

I believe you can slave them on the big unit, so I would imagine it would be the same on the small ones

Does anyone have confirmation on the number of expression/switch ports this will have? I saw in the LF forum that there may be two models of the JR with 2 or 3 exp ports.

thanks

Paul

This looks perfect for me. I'm just doing recording and don't want 4x8' piece of sheet metal with 600 switches on it by my feet. All I need is a few buttons and two control pedal ports. sweet.

yeah i'm interested as well... my fx1 with expander and 3 pedals is HUGE. having a hard time finding a case, and then being able to use it on a small stage, it'll take up most of my room. then i have to move the thing.

Back
Top Bottom