Liquid Foot JR.

Snagglefinger said:
My guess is that in the long run Jeff will hit it really big with the jr.'s because the software doesn't require the need for a big pedal board. A little time spent programming the unit allows one to only need to press a couple of buttons to get through a whole lot of changes (more than I'm likely to need on most songs). Plus it provides several different ways to accomplish the same goal making it flexible for lots of users.

Of course the proof is in the pudding - mine arrives tomorrow I think and I'll know better a couple weeks from now how it really stands up - but from all the early accolades it's probably going to work fine. The jr. might be a new standard for 21st century pedal boards where smaller is more desirable. That's not to say a pro wouldn't be handy to have - I'd love to have one but it isn't something that I'd want to cart around all the time if I don't need to.

The software is the key. He tooks everyones wants and stuck it in there. Sound familiar? :p

Just got my Jr yesterday and stayed up late programming it and all i can say is WOW!!! For such a small pedal it sure packs a LOT of features..

Anyway, i got it up and running my basic presets pretty quickly and then set about programming some more advanced stuff for eg, I have assigned step functions to my preset buttons so that i can trigger a bunch of parameters on my Ultra to toggle between a Rhythm and Lead tone. This will eliminate any un-necessary tap dancing on stage...

The Blue display is great! Super clear and the shipping to Australia only wound up costing an extra $27 and took about a week, and i didn't need to pay Customs duty...

So, i'm pretty happy at the moment. :D

T

I woke up to good news in my inbox this morning. Jeff at Liquid-Foot said he has a Jr. with my name on it if I still want it. Now, let me think about that for a moment. :shock: That's long enough. Of course I want it! :eek:

Happy dance. Happy dance. Happy, happy, happy dance. :lol:

So, how does one find the user manual? I'd really like to give that a read before I spring for one, and I'm ready to spring! And what about firmware updates? Do you get some secret URL after you buy? :D

quonsar said:
So, how does one find the user manual? I'd really like to give that a read before I spring for one, and I'm ready to spring! And what about firmware updates? Do you get some secret URL after you buy? :D
I don't really know. I haven't wanted to browse it. Jeff's videos on YouTube and word of mouth were enough to hook me. ;)

quonsar said:

You get the user's manual when you buy. I don't think there is a web link to it but I know Jeff hangs out on this board and is a really nice guy. If you PM'ed him, he might send you the file. After you buy, all firmware upgrades are emailed to you automatically. A really nice feature that I wish Fractal would implement.

Blue display is included AFAIK.

I thought I read somewhere the blue screen for the Jr was an option.

Does anyone know what the upgrade cost is?

RacerX said:
I thought I read somewhere the blue screen for the Jr was an option.

Does anyone know what the upgrade cost is?

Mine has the blue screen and there was no upgrade cost. IMHO, it is probably more expensive to offer two different screens than just use the most popular (Blue). LF is a very small company. It is alot easier to just offer one option.

I just saw the demo's for the Liquid Foot Jr., and I am sticking to what I said before... I still don't see myself having to jump around from place to place to accomplish what I can already do with my FCB1010 with Uno...

One thing I would like to have answered is, when is Jeff going to create a chip for the FCB1010 that utilizes his OS into the FCB1010? That would be interesting...

mortega76 said:
I just saw the demo's for the Liquid Foot Jr., and I am sticking to what I said before... I still don't see myself having to jump around from place to place to accomplish what I can already do with my FCB1010 with Uno...
One thing that some may find very useful is the Step Command function. For example, you may use 4 button mode where the lower 4 select presets and the upper row act as I/A switches. It is possible to program Program Change messages on the Presets switches so that you could toggle between 2 presets with a single switch, kinda like using a 2 channel amp... And with each change you could call up a different array of I/A switches...

The bottom line is, whilst the Jr looks basic on the surface, it is capable of some incredibly deep programming. Jeff has certainly created a monster of a device here!

teejay said:
mortega76 said:
One thing that some may find very useful is the Step Command function. For example, you may use 4 button mode where the lower 4 select presets and the upper row act as I/A switches. It is possible to program Program Change messages on the Presets switches so that you could toggle between 2 presets with a single switch, kinda like using a 2 channel amp... And with each change you could call up a different array of I/A switches...

The bottom line is, whilst the Jr looks basic on the surface, it is capable of some incredibly deep programming. Jeff has certainly created a monster of a device here!
Don't get me wrong, the software sounds like it's a great piece of work. I like what you mentioned about the presets changing the I/A's but, how the hell would you know what is what if you had to do that for three or more presets?!?!?!?!?! How many labels would you have to put on one button!?!?!?

"Hey I like your new foot pedal!"

"Thanks!"

"What does this button do?"

"Well, I'm not quite sure... When I press it once it turns on delay, and if I press it twice it turns on my reverb but then I can't turn off my delay unless I press it three times to turn off the phaser first... But it fits in my pocket!"

Sorry for harping on this so much but I just do see it being practical. I love the way Voes has his Liquid Foot Pro setup with all the labels and such... that is a great piece of hardware. This one (LFJ), I just don't get.

If that were the case I would be using this as my keyboard...

ctrl-alt-del.gif

First you have to press CTRL-ALT-DEL to login, then you have to do Morse Code on the CTRL Key to get each letter of your login... Special Characters: you press and hold the ALT then Morse Code on the CTRL. :D

We get it man! You don't see the practicality. Are you attempting to win converts here or what?

I placed my order the other day...

mortega76 said:
teejay said:
mortega76 said:

"Hey I like your new foot pedal!"

"Thanks!"

"What does this button do?"

"Well, I'm not quite sure... When I press it once it turns on delay, and if I press it twice it turns on my reverb but then I can't turn off my delay unless I press it three times to turn off the phaser first... But it fits in my pocket!"
Well, i guess if you were able to learn how to read and write you'd remember what a handful of buttons do, it's really not that hard. As a professional player i know my Presets intimately, that's a part of my job in the same way an Accountant knows how to add up or a Computer Programmer remembers code.

For example, my main Dirty preset has the step command that toggles it between a rhythm and a lead. You're either playing rhythm or a solo so you'll toggle it appropriately. So this step command kicks in more gain, more delay and reverb level and an EQ that is conducive to soloing. Voila, just saved having to create a separate preset that normally you'd have to tap dance to. This preset also has 3 other I/As. One toggles the Flanger on/off, the next toggles Phaser on/off and the other kicks in a percussive dotted eighth note delay. Again, its not rocket surgery :lol:
My Clean would be similar in that the Step Command toggles a boost, I/As are Chorus, Tremolo, Auto Wah, and Delay respectively..

That's just 2 presets but there's a gazillion different tonal variations just with those 2. All up, i probably have about a dozen presets that i use throughout a show.

But, at the end of the day, if your gargantuan foot controller does it for you, that's great. ;)

teejay said:
...But, at the end of the day, if your gargantuan foot controller does it for you, that's great. ;)
Gargantuan... I like that! :D Funny thing is that I'm actually thinking of buying a guitar case to put my foot controller and all my cables in...

quonsar said:
We get it man! You don't see the practicality. Are you attempting to win converts here or what?

I placed my order the other day...
And another thing, why does it only come in black? ;)

teejay said:
For example, my main Dirty preset has the step command that toggles it between a rhythm and a lead. You're either playing rhythm or a solo so you'll toggle it appropriately. So this step command kicks in more gain, more delay and reverb level and an EQ that is conducive to soloing. Voila, just saved having to create a separate preset that normally you'd have to tap dance to. This preset also has 3 other I/As. One toggles the Flanger on/off, the next toggles Phaser on/off and the other kicks in a percussive dotted eighth note delay. Again, its not rocket surgery :lol:
My Clean would be similar in that the Step Command toggles a boost, I/As are Chorus, Tremolo, Auto Wah, and Delay respectively..

That's just 2 presets but there's a gazillion different tonal variations just with those 2. All up, i probably have about a dozen presets that i use throughout a show.

But, at the end of the day, if your gargantuan foot controller does it for you, that's great. ;)

T always gives great explanations! Way to go man... This usage really made me think about my current setup and wonder now how I could "change things up" by this new way of approaching it. I currently have a very similar setup on my midi set up but this looks like it has the ability to offer more functionality/options if you know what you are trying to get at with your patches.

Cheers!

For those who were looking for the manual, it's on the download page.

http://www.liquid-foot.com/downloads.shtml

After the great descriptions of how to use the Liquid Foot Jr., particularly the 2nd tap calls up different patch and/or IA's, I think I'm getting ready to do the deed. The more I look at the ridiculous depth and flexiblilty of the software, the more convinced I am that I can live without the huge number of IAs of the Pro.

In the middle of this post, I downloaded the editor and started looking around to see if it gave me a clearer idea of the capabilities of the Jr. Wow Wow Wow. I highly recommend anyone on the fence or wondering to download the editor and check it out. Even at a quick glance I can see how this little 8 switch wonder can easily go WAY beyond my Behringer with Uno board and be much smaller and easier to deal with.

In my mind I'm already plotting patch one with 4 IAs for drive/delay/pitchshifting/Looper and my 2nd click gives me all the looper control. Click back, change sound, click again, back to looper. Obviously it will require a bit more forethought than a rig with 16 IAs, but I don't mind that.

Now to sell some gear and get my order in...

Mike

Back
Top Bottom