Wish Linked Amp and Cabinet channels

I like this idea, to be able to tell a block's channel to follow the status of another block's channel would essentially create up to 4 sub-scenes or scenes-within-a-scene.

I imagine a dropdown list with all the blocks in the preset, plus 'none' as a way of selecting channel follower status, with items following the block you are editing directly or further down the chain greyed out to prevent looped assignments.

One button to switch a subset of things within a scene could really open up the playing field....

Last edited:
Scenes are a little too powerful because they change the state of EVERY block. If, in the example above, if I wanted to change the Amp and Cab channels together without affecting the state of other blocks like Drive, Reverb, Delay, etc. the scene couldn't do that. To change just the amp and cab, you have to set up two different amps with different cabs and switch between them with a mixer block. Then that's where some people start asking for more than 2 amps even though they don't plan to use more than one or two simultaneously.
Yup, exactly my issue / wish.

Yup, exactly my issue / wish.
The new Scene Ignore feature makes it possible to achieve that original objective of multiple things at once without changing everything. It has limitations, of course, but now we do have something to fill that need.

The new Scene Ignore feature makes it possible to achieve that original objective of multiple things at once without changing everything. It has limitations, of course, but now we do have something to fill that need.
Right...but that's not in the FM9 yet...

Back
Top Bottom