• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Option to link AMP and CAB channels

yek

I'm reposting an old wish of mine.

I'd like to be able to link Amp and Cab channels in a preset.

This would allow me to switch from (e.g.) a Fender amp model (channel A) to a Marshall model (channel B), and have the Cab block automatically switch along, from a Fender cab (channel A) to a Marshall cab (channel B).

To keep things simple, this would be limited to this:
AMP Channel A = CAB Channel A
AMP Channel B = CAB Channel B
AMP Channel C = CAB Channel C
AMP Channel D = CAB Channel D

It would require just one action instead of multiple.

Randalljax

Forum Addict
I'm reposting an old wish of mine.

I'd like to be able to link Amp and Cab channels in a preset.

This would allow me to switch from (e.g.) a Fender amp model (channel A) to a Marshall model (channel B), and have the Cab block automatically switch along, from a Fender cab (channel A) to a Marshall cab (channel B).

To keep things simple, this would be limited to this:
AMP Channel A = CAB Channel A
AMP Channel B = CAB Channel B
AMP Channel C = CAB Channel C
AMP Channel D = CAB Channel D

It would require just one action instead of multiple.
Curious could you not do this in scenes or am I misunderstanding the wish

yek

Curious could you not do this in scenes or am I misunderstanding the wish
There's a drawback with Scenes: they affect other blocks too.
Where the beauty of this concept is that you can just change the Amp, and have only the Cab change too.

h.c.e.

Veteran
What I'd love to see is a pervasive expression linking syntax for all (or even some, channel and bypass would be a good start) knobs, where the value of any block's knob could be referenced on any other knob by giving it a "BlockName.KnobName" style expression syntax, i.e. if you want Cab1's channel knob to change with Amp1's knob, you could add an expression onto Cab1's channel knob (similar to adding a modifier maybe), that was simply "Amp1.Channel", and that would let the system know that I want this block's knob to get it's value from that of the other block. This way the user could arbitrarily gang together channel changes for any blocks they so chose.

If every knob could be linked by expressions It could go a lot deeper than linking Channel changes together... Say I want a drive block to always turn on with a phaser block, well on the drive block's Bypass knob I could add an expression to "Phaser1.Bypass" and when Phaser1.Bypass goes off, and the Phaser comes on, so does Drive1. Also if the expression syntax supported mathematical and logical operators you could do things like, setting Block1.Bypass to be "!Block2.Bypass", and that way when the value of Bypass on Block2 evaluates False the "!" logical inverse would evaluate True and the Block1.Bypass would be true and it would turn off. Similarly, say you wanted a block to only come on when another block goes to a certain channel, you'd just set the blocks bypass knob expression to "Block2.Channel == 'C'"... Could open things up to doing other cool stuff like setting a knob's value to always be 2* another knob's value and so on and so forth

Top Bottom