Line6 annoucement

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Looks like some nifty new pa equipment, but I'm curious at price and what it would be like in a real world situation? ....and no new modeling technology as some thought.

Here's a link to the new Stagescape M20d mixer and L3t Powered Speakers: Line 6 Looks interesting, but I'm not gonna rush out and replace my Presonus StudioLive board and QSC Powered Speakers w/it. Like other L6 stuff, we'll see how long it takes them to get the kinks worked out...

I just invested in some qsc k10s and 12s and a studio live 16.4.2 and I don't think sound quality could get any better for the price. It looks like the L6 stuff maybe easier to setup and use though? I'm still learning the Studiolive, easy once you get the hang of it.

I'm glad to see they're branching out. I haven't been interested in anything they've put out in the last 5 years, so this is a welcome change.

Nice to see someone re-think a PA interface, depending on sound and price point this could be a hit.

If you're using Line6 wireless gear do the little guitars move around the screen as you move around the stage?

Some new PA stuff and a little keyboard. Ha ha. Epic fail line 6. Nothing new in POD? No user IR support in the new patch either. Revolutionary not.

Some new PA stuff and a little keyboard. Ha ha. Epic fail line 6. Nothing new in POD? No user IR support in the new patch either. Revolutionary not.

Sorry but I've got to disagree there - the PA stuff looks fantastic. They did announce an update to the HD firmware which looks pretty nice. No user IR support? Big whoop - people have been making fantastic sounding music with PODs for many years and somehow they managed to accomplish that without user IRs.

Just because Cliff chooses to build a particular feature does not invalidate the efforts of those that don't.

No doubt Line 6 is "bang for the buck" stuff. I must confess that there are aspects of my gear that I have and will compromise, and price point has something to do with it. (Example, Behringer FCB1010...cheap, 2 for the price of one, and it works for me....but I really, really try to stay away from Behringer...I feel like such a hypocrite...) Depending on how well this new Line6 mixer performs, simply out of convenience and saving space, I'd be willing to check it out IF the price is right. Right now Presonus seems to have the lock on the prosumer digi mixer thing, so it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out over time and further scrutiny.

Depending on cost, the L3t may be intersting for live amplification of an Axe-FX, HD500 or whatever. The reason I say that is if you play both bass and guitar, it should be able to handle both nicely. Not horribly heavy at 57 lbs.

I don't think this was an "epic fail" at all. That mixer looks fantastic! Great feature set and a very cool, innovative take on the form factor and user interface. I would call this a major win for doing something new, interesting and useful.

People seem to forget that Line 6 came from the guys who created the Adat. The last few years have seen L6 put their focus on the low end guitar market, but you would be a fool if you think that's all they are capable of doing.

Back
Top Bottom