Line 6 New Amp Teaser......

Either something sounds great with very little tweaking, or we part ways.

If I followed that logic, the AFXII would have been sent back after the first couple of days. Like I said, there were *maybe* half a dozen patches I 'sort of' liked out of the box, but even those took some tweaking, and it took me a while to dig through the manual and figure out what needed to be adjusted to even get close to what I really wanted.

I'm glad I didn't though!

Within a couple of weeks I had 90% of my bread-n-butter tones dialed in close enough to keep me more than satisfied. The more I dig into this thing, the more I learn and the more I enjoy it.

FWIW, it was the exact same process with my Digitech and L6 stuff. Rarely does anything sound "perfect" straight out of the box. Everything takes a modicum of adjustments to suit the individual users ear.

I tweak things. I push buttons, twist knobs, slide sliders, etc. I've messed up quite a few patches in my day, but luckily I learned a long time ago to make a backup of every patch before I start tweaking, 'just in case'.

Bottom line, use what works best for you. No need to bag on another product. L6 stands on it's own. Others just stand a bit taller (FAS), and some are getting left behind (Digitech). That last one saddens me, because back in their day the GSP21xx series pre-procs were fantastic.

If I followed that logic, the AFXII would have been sent back after the first couple of days. Like I said, there were *maybe* half a dozen patches I 'sort of' liked out of the box, but even those took some tweaking, and it took me a while to dig through the manual and figure out what needed to be adjusted to even get close to what I really wanted.

I'm glad I didn't though!

Within a couple of weeks I had 90% of my bread-n-butter tones dialed in close enough to keep me more than satisfied. The more I dig into this thing, the more I learn and the more I enjoy it.

FWIW, it was the exact same process with my Digitech and L6 stuff. Rarely does anything sound "perfect" straight out of the box. Everything takes a modicum of adjustments to suit the individual users ear.

I tweak things. I push buttons, twist knobs, slide sliders, etc. I've messed up quite a few patches in my day, but luckily I learned a long time ago to make a backup of every patch before I start tweaking, 'just in case'.

Bottom line, use what works best for you. No need to bag on another product. L6 stands on it's own. Others just stand a bit taller (FAS), and some are getting left behind (Digitech). That last one saddens me, because back in their day the GSP21xx series pre-procs were fantastic.

AxeFx did sound and feel great to me immediately. I'm still exploring the stock presets, in fact.

Chill out bros. Line 6 is the middle-ground of the modeling world. They can throw new products out often because of their scale. I remember when the tube based atomic came out and a while later Vox and Line6 came out with modeling/tube hybrid combos/heads. This will probably be following suit by using FRFR speakers. It will be cool. It will be used by many who cannot afford the real amps, are young in their musical and professional careers and give them options they never had before.

Axe-FX will be the exotic sports car for the foreseeable future.
Line6 will the corvette
Zoom will be the Miata/Toyobaru

All have their places in the market.

Oh man, I had forgotten about the good ol zoom. I had one and I thought I was the boss with it. Fuzzy and hissy, I rocked that little thing.

A good buddy of mine swore by those units (Digitech GSP21xx). he had a rack version, can't rem the exact model. I never did like them personally, but I see them in the occasional studio even today.

AxeFx did sound and feel great to me immediately. I'm still exploring the stock presets, in fact.

Same. It took all of 5 minutes with the Ultra to decide I would never use anything else again. I spent the next several days going through the stock presets and picking out the ones I wanted to gig. To this day, my main clean is a stock preset (Studio Clean) with some of the highs rolled off.

One thing is for sure...they know how to market better than most any other musical instrument company. We're sitting here talking about it. Doesn't matter if they don't deliver to our standards. We're gear nerds. To Johnny Teenager and his Mom or Dad, they'll be impressed enough.

One thing is for sure...they know how to market better than most any other musical instrument company. We're sitting here talking about it. Doesn't matter if they don't deliver to our standards. We're gear nerds. To Johnny Teenager and his Mom or Dad, they'll be impressed enough.

Hah! Reeeeally? Well I for one sure as HELL am not talking about Line ... :shock

View attachment 19176

Click on The 4th teaser picture.....it shows a speaker with a tweeter...
Overview | WE'VE REINVENTED THE GUITAR AMP. AGAIN. | Line 6

vs.

Where's my tweet amp?

twitter-bird-guitar.png

Sorry....I was hijacking posts from another thread - but Phostenix, HERE is your tweet(er) amp! :lol :lol :lol

èS: it looks as Line6 jumped on the FRFR guitar amp bandwaggon.....sweet!
;)

I think it's a very good idea. An all in one solution will be appealing to a wide audience (particularly at the Line 6 price point). Very smart.

If it sounds good, it sounds good.

The trouble is that they have a dream setup with a good Bogner designed valve amp and the variax is good too.
The weak point is the modeling in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom