Line 6 HX Effects new for NAMM

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
2hpopef.jpg

That's pretty cool. I used an M13 with my amp for a few years before I switched to the Axe II. The stompbox modelers and M series units were very popular. Their effects always seemed better than their amp models.

Helix owners will get most of the the improved FX in this box in the firmware allegedly coming this week, I think, with the greatest improvement in the Reverbs, I’ve heard.

Last night i was programing a pretty crazy multi Fx preset on my XL, cant seem to see why would you need one in the loop when the XL can do something amazingly powerful and crazy within the unit alone.

Two reasons. First, there are some things the Axe does extremely well, and some things it doesn't. The Korg A3 funkwah comes to mind. Or for me the Line 6 Particle Verb. If somebody manages to finally come up with a recreation of the Particle Verb I'll be happy to ditch my M5 from my FX loop. Secondly, DSP power. Even if someone manages to recreate Particle Verb in the Axe, it may be that it draws so much DSP power that it becomes unusable with other effects and settings in a single preset. The FX send/return block on the other hand hardly costs any DSP power.

I still have an M13 collecting dust in the closet. I’d buy an M5-sized version of one of these in an instant. Particle and Octoverb resurrected! Actually all the effects were great, except the drives.

I still have an M13 collecting dust in the closet. I’d buy an M5-sized version of one of these in an instant. Particle and Octoverb resurrected! Actually all the effects were great, except the drives.
Likewise. The boost comp was really cool too.

Back
Top Bottom