Lightest Axe FXII rig for playing live

Like this, right ;-)

85342642-photo-of-tour-bus-and-metallica-usa-tour-gettyimages.jpg

Can't see the Picture M@.

I'm going to miss Bo derek.

Great thread.

I really like the new Matrix N12 speakers, big sound, LOUD if you need them to be, super lightweight at less than 17 pounds each (hard to believe), feed by a Matrix GT 800Fx power amp. AXE II plus Furman power supply and power amp into a Gator 4 rack case, it's pretty light considering. It really is great!!! PAs and monitors can vary so I know I will always have my sound at least behind me.

I lug my MFC in a old Roland Backpack designed for their portable recorders, and the big thing is the pedal train for my pedal board which has 4 pedals and 4 switches I use for X/Y -- that's the heaviest thing. But I also use a Rock N Roller cart to haul it all in and out, which makes all the difference in the world.

Use a 2-guitar soft case on my back, or I have the Fender Flight handle/wheeled case that holds 3 guitars and doubles as guitar holder on stage, but you can't find them anymore (I have touring musicians asking to buy mine regularly).

After many years of trying to get as small as possible I ended up with this rack, plug direct to PA, use IE system, but have a floor monitor provided by sound company in front of me for sustain/feedback etc, it's 4 space, and includes the AXE 2 of course, a G-50 GTR wireless, a MIPRO IE wireless monitor system and a Furman AC215 A. This rack + an MFC with a Mission SP-2 pedal does all i need for any gig.. and it's fairly light, rack is less then 40 pounds. Have been trying to always go as light as possible, but this is as small as I can get it.
AXE2rack.jpg

Removing the plastic film would help....

Back
Top Bottom