Let's show some love! What is the thing about the Axe3 that made you grin recently?

Mark IIC+ Deep and/or Mark IV Mid Gain with Drive and Volume slammed to 10 combined with a JP-ish stereo delay. Either the neck pickup for the singing or the bridge pickup for the screaming.

Man.

When you were off for holidays, far away from your gear, and you can't really imagine how it sounds, well you know it is awesome but that's just knowing vs. feeling...and then you plug-in and play a few chords and lines and your jaw drops and you scratch your head and think, ah, it is THAT good, wow. Best moments in life! Can't get that grin out of my face for the rest of the day then...

Last edited:
Most recently dyna-cabs have been a glorious surprise. Overall, the continued pace of innovation has just been unparalleled even as compared to any area of my life whether professional or personal as a consumer. Never seen anything like it.

I can’t imagine to making music without the AxeIII.
A lot of guitars came and have gone over the years but my Axe was always a stable piece in the chain and untouchable.

I can do things that I couldn’t have done before. I discovered my love for Plexi style amps, I can play them in stereo with headphones, I can mod them, I can change tubes, I can use the variac, I can…, I can…, I can… etc.
The Axe just makes my life as a musician easier, better a lot funnier.

I‘m using Plexis exclusively now, I love them, maybe I would have never bought a Plexi in real life because I‘m scared of the volume.
This unit is worth every penny and Cliff and his team needs and deserves every support they can get.
Thank you!

The AXE-FX III is best modeler out there..
The fact that I actually can call it my own, makes me grin!
I am truely blessed to have this musical Swiss Army Knife!
Many Thanks To Cliff Chase.. Who Rocked My World with his wonder machine!

<Fanboy>
This thing makes me grin every day I play, but the most recent grins that come to mind are from:

1. Gapless switching (turning me into an even more lazy player because it does not matter when I switch, it sounds fine every time, so no hiding the switching by kicking the cajon simultaneously)!
2. Through the Wes Hauch GOT, I have discovered the ODS-100 Clean! OMG, my new favorite amp!!
3. Last night, I pulled out my PRS CU24 for the first time in many months. Once plugged in, I decided to explore some old forgotten presets! Wow, grins from ear to ear and incredible sounds IMO! I think resetting the amp blocks on all my presets after the 24.03 upgrade really brought some of those presets back to life. A month or so ago, I had moved into exploration mode of old presets, and they were all sounding like sh!t and I did not want to spend the time figuring it out. After all those amp resets, they are now sounding killer again (and better than before) and has me actually considering moving back to my presets from FW 20-22 as they are just sounding spot on to what I want to hear!
4. The continued support and participation of THE MAN in the product development and trouble shooting. I have true disdain for most products due to their corporate policies and BS, but this company does things exactly as I would run things! Such a relief to have a sensible and stellar individual and team behind this incredible product ;~))

I have applied for ONE corporate job in the past 30 years (I have instead worked for corporations as a consultant) but I would take a job at FAS for poverty level compensation just because of how cool an organization I have seen it to be. The corporate job I applied for was at Corbin (makers of custom and aftermarket seats for motorcycles and few other items). The reason I applied was, as I was having a custom seat built for my 2003 FXSTDSEI, I was so impressed with how the company was run and the way they work directly with it's customers. They did not have a position available for me (I suggested they invent one), and I shortly thereafter left California, but FAS reminds me of the things I loved about that company ;~))

</Fanboy>

The fairly recent spring reverb and tremolo block improvements are the bee's knees. I can get lost in some edge of breakup tones with the new spring reverbs and tremolos for hours. Gapless switching is some serious icing on the cake too.

we have some nice amps in our live room, and sometimes guitar players, bass players bring also their amps…

And I always tell them “ofcourse we can mic up your amp or one of ours If you prefer to but give a quick shot to axe fx”

Sometimes 5 minutes after this i hear “hey this sounds good, lets just roll with the axe”

This puts a smile on my face, its soooo much more convenient than setting the amp, mics & mic preamps.

Easily, the recent Fender and Brit Silver updates. They sound and feel incredible. Cliff just keeps making a great product even greater. The team at FAS is unreal

The other day I finally purchased my dream analog rig. Dual Rectifier Multi-Watt with a Recto 2x12 cab and a Maxon OD-808.

So far, the Axe-FX through FRFR speakers (Yamaha DHR12M) sounds better in every way.

Are you still in the return window?
No this was a Facebook marketplace purchase. I'm going to keep it anyway. It's one of those things that was on my bucket list and I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I walk downstairs and see the diamond plate 🥰

No this was a Facebook marketplace purchase. I'm going to keep it anyway. It's one of those things that was on my bucket list and I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I walk downstairs and see the diamond plate 🥰
That’s why I want a Plexi now! I don’t need it, I simply just want it!

For me, just booting it up makes me grin. I know that in about 30 seconds, I will have guitar in had and making noises that are carrying me around in my own little world.

Back
Top Bottom