Lets see those PRS's

I’m trying to figure out what this is. It looks like a 24-08, but the pickup selector is closer to a CE or DGT. Is this Paul’s Guitar?
thats a core 24-08. A ce wouldnt have the recesses around the toggle or control knobs. Also the hybrid hardware elevates it into core territory. Pauls Guitar uses the 3/4 width ish "TCI" pickups. Bigger than their narrowfield, but smaller than a hum.

thats a core 24-08. A ce wouldnt have the recesses around the toggle or control knobs. Also the hybrid hardware elevates it into core territory. Pauls Guitar uses the 3/4 width ish "TCI" pickups. Bigger than their narrowfield, but smaller than a hum.
Ah, my bad. I thought the 24-08 used a five-position blade for some reason. I see now that I was mistaken. Thanks! Beautiful guitar.

Got this one via a trade. It's not your "typical" PRS for sure. Love the custom Schon carve on the neck and the 12" radius.
Funny thing with that heel I remember talking to one of the workers at PRS in 2015 at the 30th anniversary event. They hated that heel because there was so much work needed to make it perfect to Schon's preference. But it is a great heel, I actually picked up my Cu 24 above at that event.

PRS_Collection_2022Apr14_03.jpg

CU24 10 Top, PS CU24 and McCarty 594 HBII WL 10 Top!!! All 2021's and all purchased in the first 4 months of 2021 ;~))

Last edited:
Past PRS

pxl_20210911_162757530-jpg.88450

pxl_20210609_152535956-jpg.84646

img_6536-jpeg.126119

594-front-2-jpg.410763

I may miss this one the most? Won't ever find one for what I paid or sold it for...

pxl_20210411_202429041-jpg.364271
What is the blue one? I have a 2003 blue matteo 10-top HB1 that's nearly identical, except it has gold hardware. But the birds on mine aren't outline/hollow. Might be my favorite (on a given day), plays unconsciously, sounds great and is very distinctive tonally.

I also love that if you don't put a battery in for the piezo, the 'buckers work perfectly. (The piezo sounds great, but the idea of a $3 battery corroding the guts of a $5k guitar worries me, I'll admit).

@Bobbyoso 2009 hb piezo 10-top. Got it for a stupid price, sold it pretty cheap but made a few hundred. Had I put it on reverb I probably would have doubled my money, but Im not a fan of shipping 🥲

Sounded fantastic, around 6lb, and imo one of the best colours PRS has done. Havent seen it relisted so I think the current owner will have it a long time.

@Bobbyoso 2009 hb piezo 10-top. Got it for a stupid price, sold it pretty cheap but made a few hundred. Had I put it on reverb I probably would have doubled my money, but Im not a fan of shipping 🥲

Sounded fantastic, around 6lb, and imo one of the best colours PRS has done. Havent seen it relisted so I think the current owner will have it a long time.
Yeah, forgot to mention that major point, the HB1s are really easy on the back. Mine's 5.6 lbs, my only lighter guitar is an OG Parker Fly Deluxe, which feels like a tennis racquet, weightwise.

The dugout mahogany back and low-output McCarty pickups add a beautiful, unique tonality. Great clean, great driven. The HB2s are a bit more conventional in contrast, IMO. I will not be selling my HB1. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom