Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Nice! more pics and info pleasešŸ˜‡
Played around with various volume pedals (My Moog EP-03, and Dunlop DVP4) and researched all the options, but like the feel of this Hotone Ampero Press at 7" and still wanted to fit a 2 button switch on it for some other uses. Right now I have the 2 button switch set up to do +/- 1db Scene Adjustment leveling and automatic preset save per press, and then the hold function can adjust the amp level up or down and save to level out presets. Find it very helpful, especially at sound check, as I still am dialing things in. For the switch I needed to bring the height up and the pedal risers I had didnt work well, so I picked up a plastic project box that is just the right size to fit. For the board, I specifically wanted one that was just wide enough for the FM9, but 24" long, so I could fit a volume pedal on it, but nothing more. The board was cheap and comes with a light bag that just fits it all - $70 total. I have a bunch of other hard cases I could use from my prior boards and Helix days, including an ATA pedalboard case with deck, as well as a rolling SKB heavy duty case, but at this point I am all about having a light easy to carry case just to go back and forth to church:20240318_084329.jpg

Finally finished my fly rig for the summer. Been flying since 2019 with my Axe3, Matrix Power Amp, Shure PSM 900 IEM & Shure GLXD4R guitar wireless weighing in at 50lbs, my FC & incidentals in another checked bag, and carrying on my Mono Dual Electric case w/my my laptop carry on. I am too old for that crap anymore lol!

Now I will have my entire rig in one checked case, most likely the Pelican 1595 Air, but may move up to the 1615 Air, haven't decided. You will see that I extended the handles with picture frame clips so my FM9 and EV2 would fit on the Duo 24. I like it, but I added 5/8 inch feet on the bottom of the Temple board making it just as easy to pick it up, maybe easier, lol. So I may remove the handles giving me another inch of foam space in the 1595 Air.

Underneath is my GLXD4R and PSM900 with all antennas being mounted thru to the top of the Temple Board. I am running OUT1 to the Temple AMPMOD to my 2 Marshall cabs, and I'm gonna be honest, it sounds great. Not a Matrix, but for what I need, which is just to allow me to feel the air move on stage, it is all goodšŸŽø.

All power is coming in thru the Temple IEC AC Mains Micro Module, splitting 3 ways. Split #1 adding an extra on/off switch to the AMPMOD for the rare event I am not using cabs. Split #2 going to the Temple Hi5L MOD powering my 2 wireless units and LEDs, and split #3 running to my FM9.

I added l a 1/4 TRS Panel Mount Pigtai to Input 2 TRS to bring IEM feed from the FOH into my FM9, out of OUT3 of my FM9 into my PSM900, so I can have independent control of my guitar volume in stereo, with the house IEM feed up the middle of my ears. Then added 2 XLR Female Panel Mount Pigtails to OUT2 L/R stereo for my FOH feed.

Lastly, I cut pretty much every cable, AC power, DC power, XLR, TRS etc, and re-soldered/rewired them all to save space and weight. My wife has a word for that, but I digress..... All of it I checked a million times on my multimeter to make sure I dont kill myself, and then I checked again šŸ™.

Will make a youtube vid of my build with all my tips and tricks in the next week or so. Next upView attachment 136880View attachment 136881View attachment 136882View attachment 136883View attachment 136884View attachment 136885View attachment 136886View attachment 136887View attachment 136888View attachment 136889... Pelican Air baby!
Man, talk about cramming 10 Lbs of crap in to a 5 Lbs bag... How are you powering things here?

hello~!
It's a day late, but I'd like to introduce you to my brand new FM9 MKII TURBO.

View attachment 136413

View attachment 136414

to buy this FM9 ,
I sold my FM3 MKIIT and also sold one of the guitars I had been collecting.

Very satisfied. :fire: :fire: I'm playing around with the auto input impedence feature and fuzz. Tomorrow it's time to play with the two amps.

View attachment 136415

View attachment 136416
Can that little pedal with the A B C D buttons be programmed for anything? Iā€™m completely foreign to external controllers thanks!

Can that little pedal with the A B C D buttons be programmed for anything? Iā€™m completely foreign to external controllers thanks!
I have one of those pedals as well (Only like $35) - It is midi so you can get pretty creative with it, but I havent set mine up on the FM9 yet. Also has an option to be midi wireless with their specific BT dongle. The pedal does have short and long commands that can be programmed on the switches but not sure how well that works. To be safe I would use it for switches that are not as time ctitical, like maybe scene changes, preset, etc. Not stomps On/Off.

I have one of those pedals as well (Only like $35) - It is midi so you can get pretty creative with it, but I havent set mine up on the FM9 yet. Also has an option to be midi wireless with their specific BT dongle. The pedal does have short and long commands that can be programmed on the switches but not sure how well that works. To be safe I would use it for switches that are not as time ctitical, like maybe scene changes, preset, etc. Not stomps On/Off.
Thank you so much for the explanation. Iā€™m going to have to find one and experiment. I thought for sure the amount of buttons on the FM9 MK II would be enough but with its capabilities and the more I learn I already need more haha. Not quite sure I want to go for the fc-6 at this time though

Thank you so much for the explanation. Iā€™m going to have to find one and experiment. I thought for sure the amount of buttons on the FM9 MK II would be enough but with its capabilities and the more I learn I already need more haha. Not quite sure I want to go for the fc-6 at this time though
I bought mine on AliExpress but you can get them on Amazon (its known as the Mvave Chocolate too, as there are different names) - I think I paid under $40 for the foot pedal and the wireless Dongles. I went ahead and bought a TRS to Midi In Cable that you can use (Make sure you get the Type A one) instead of the woreless thing. The thing is a little cumbersome (Chinese offbrand products with app) to set up but with a bit of playing around you should get it going. I used to use it with my Helix, and also a midi Drum pedal, but havent really used it much since.

I bought mine on AliExpress but you can get them on Amazon (its known as the Mvave Chocolate too, as there are different names) - I think I paid under $40 for the foot pedal and the wireless Dongles. I went ahead and bought a TRS to Midi In Cable that you can use (Make sure you get the Type A one) instead of the woreless thing. The thing is a little cumbersome (Chinese offbrand products with app) to set up but with a bit of playing around you should get it going. I used to use it with my Helix, and also a midi Drum pedal, but havent really used it much since.
Thank you! I havenā€™t been able to really wrap my head around the footswitches and making assignments, per preset assignments etc. still really new to my first FAS product. But definitely feel I could benefit from a few more switches!

Thank you! I havenā€™t been able to really wrap my head around the footswitches and making assignments, per preset assignments etc. still really new to my first FAS product. But definitely feel I could benefit from a few more switches!
I am really new too, less than a month, but spent alot of time the first few days understanding layouts and footswitches. I wouldnt go down the road for a midi controller like that yet, as there is alot you can do with the existing footswitches and channel blocks. Those low cost midi controllers are good for basic stuff but with the Press and Hold feature on the unit, and the Smart Bypass feature, there is alot you can do with the switches, before trying to deal with Midi, which can be a pain.

It works well after completing a few simple settings. Switches can be assigned as long as they have functions provided by Fractal's controller section. I used this switch and wireless midi set when using FM3. At the time, the settings assigned scenes 1 to 8 to be stepped on the most. (tap abcd=scene1234 , hold abcd=scene5678)

You can also use these switches on FM9, but FM9's 9 switches are literally incredibly powerful and convenient.

I felt that this Chinese-made pedal needed some getting used to because the timing of the switch hold function was slightly longer.

I also experienced that the connection on the wireless midi side was very loose and would disconnect if it wasn't secured tightly.

If you want to use this set reliably in live, additional measures or supplements may be needed. If I were to use this switch with my FM9, I would assign it to a function such as a control switch or mometary wah.
I hope this helps. :D

Man, talk about cramming 10 Lbs of crap in to a 5 Lbs bag... How are you powering things here?

Wow, I swore I replied to this. Maybe I forgot to hit post reply. Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the Hi5MOD powers the 2 wirelesses and the LEDs. I am working on a youtube vid detailing everything but got delayed by a migraine. I will past the link when I am finished.

Wow, I swore I replied to this. Maybe I forgot to hit post reply. Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the Hi5MOD powers the 2 wirelesses and the LEDs. I am working on a youtube vid detailing everything but got delayed by a migraine. I will past the link when I am finished.
That's what I was wondering about! I have been toying with the idea of getting an IEM and putting it under my board.

Finally got things dialed in and made a switch to the board. I removed a cali 76 and freqout from the top since I didnā€™t use them, and put an MC-6 I had on hand in there. Currently using that to switch presets/songs in setlist and will get it set with Ableton for the future.

The EP3 is a perfect fit on the 24ā€ board!

IMG_2454.jpeg

Finally got things dialed in and made a switch to the board. I removed a cali 76 and freqout from the top since I didnā€™t use them, and put an MC-6 I had on hand in there. Currently using that to switch presets/songs in setlist and will get it set with Ableton for the future.

View attachment 137387
How's the Walrus Audio tuner? I was thinking of swapping my Polytune mini out for one.

Last edited:

View attachment 137387
Hi!, what modelĀ“s that pedalboard?.Thanks

How's the Walrus Audio tuner? I was thinking of swapping my Polytune mini out for one.
Really liking it so far. Itā€™s easy to see, fast, and accurate. I use that for my main tuning then have offsets in place with the FM9 tuner if I want to quickly switch to a sweetened tuning.

Back
Top Bottom