Let's see those FM9 rigs!

I couldnt find the dual xlr connections with the usb on temple site. Where did you find that?
Not the OP you're responding too, but looks similar to mine...probably the punched plate, and he put in his own neutrik (or similar) connecters. Temple themselves, I believe, only has the XLR-mod which does TRS --> XLR. Instead you can buy the punched plate with three open slots, then either use Temple's own XLR (which I believe requires soldering) or something like this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NA3MDF--neutrik-na3mdf

Which is what I did. There are multiple other options for the punch plate, too, like the various USB or single TS/TRS ones, etc...

So here's a shot of my new baby. Setup as follows
Left 2 external buttons - single press for Presets layout and FX layout

Preset layout is bank of 8 presets - top right single press +1 bank, long press -1 bank. Tap any preset and it takes you to Scenes layout.

Scenes layout - All 8 scenes are accessible via single press. Bottom right button is Tap/Tuner. The button label shows long-press function (Mostly lifted from Austin Buddy's CS assignments). MP on the top right toggles Multiplexer to switch from Wah to Whammy. Loop takes you to Looper layout which has single button access back to Pesets or Scenes layouts.

If anyone is interested, I'll upload layouts so you can tweak to make it yours.

2024-02-19 15.04.50 Large.jpeg

Preset layout is bank of 8 presets - top right single press +1 bank, long press -1 bank. Tap any preset and it takes you to Scenes layout.

Scenes layout - All 8 scenes are accessible via single press. Bottom right button is Tap/Tuner. The button label shows long-press function (Mostly lifted from Austin Buddy's CS assignments). MP on the top right toggles Multiplexer to switch from Wah to Whammy. Loop takes you to Looper layout which has single button access back to Pesets or Scenes layouts.

View attachment 135353
My, what big scribble strips you have. 😍

• Haha
Reactions: rog

View attachment 135353
Can I ask how you connected your dual switch? split cable I gather? (TS/TS to TRS?) Because I thought each Pedal port only worked with TRS?

Can I ask how you connected your dual switch? split cable I gather? (TS/TS to TRS?) Because I thought each Pedal port only worked with TRS?
Sadly, yes. TS/TS to TRS using pedal 2 and 3 jacks. It's the only disappointing thing about the FM9. I still think it's crazy the little FM3 can do TRS to TRS and only occupy 1 jack. I don't need another footswitch or pedal bad enough to add the cost/complexity of a midi box.

Sadly, yes. TS/TS to TRS using pedal 2 and 3 jacks. It's the only disappointing thing about the FM9. I still think it's crazy the little FM3 can do TRS to TRS and only occupy 1 jack. I don't need another footswitch or pedal bad enough to add the cost/complexity of a midi box.
Ok, thx! Yeah.. I must admit this was a bit of a shocker for me too... I have an FC12 with my Axe-Fx and previously owned an FM3+FC6.. so I simply took for granted I would be able to use the same dual switch and plug it with TRS in Pedal 3..

Ah well..

Got everything here last week, build is coming along nicely! Still making all of my custom cables. I prefer a really minimal set up & I really don’t know how to use everything yet lol

Attachments

• IMG_5015.jpeg
    IMG_5015.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5013.jpeg
    IMG_5013.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5012.jpeg
    IMG_5012.jpeg
    917.2 KB · Views: 36
Got everything here last week, build is coming along nicely! Still making all of my custom cables. I prefer a really minimal set up & I really don’t know how to use everything yet lol
Hopefully there is a bit of air space below the lower left corner (as viewed from the front) for the air to get into the fan for cooling....

MIDI in this setup isn't hard at all (within basic usage). Connect a MIDI cable from the FM9 MIDI out to the GR-55 MIDI in. That's the only HW connection. Then insert a MIDI block within the scenes of your preset to trigger a preset on the GR-55:

View attachment 120042

That's it. I don't think you can switch banks - Lead, Rhythm, Other, User - via MIDI (but I'm not sure???) so I placed all the patches I use in my "User" bank on the GR-55 and have the GR-55 set to that bank when I start and I'm good to go.

As for the Hotel California setup - yes, that is super complicated and requires that I hit a footswitch 48 times throughout the course of the song....yikes!
I think you can but not sure yet mine comes tomorrow. My GR55 that is. I have owned well this will be my 4th GR55. It's a love hate thing as far as the GK3. Anyways I used to run a Boss GT100 and the GR55 together and be able to switch patches. here is a video of how those to connected check it out might be of use. i will be checking it out as well.

hello~!
It's a day late, but I'd like to introduce you to my brand new FM9 MKII TURBO.

IMG_8132.png

IMG_8133.png

to buy this FM9 ,
I sold my FM3 MKIIT and also sold one of the guitars I had been collecting.

Very satisfied. :fire: :fire: I'm playing around with the auto input impedence feature and fuzz. Tomorrow it's time to play with the two amps.

IMG_8139.png

IMG_8151.png

Back
Top Bottom