Let's see those FM9 rigs!

@DoctorAK That is a very nice board. What is the USB-C passthrough for?
Flexibility really. Just in case I want to plug in an iPad, phone, or laptop with me on stage and power it. Completely unnecessary but sort of "future proofing" if my needs change since I had the space in the modules anyway. Underneath I wanted USB to power the LED strip, so I bought a small-ish 67W Anker brick that has a USB-A for the LED's and an extra USB-C PD slot for the module/passthrough.

Nice! Those EV1s are huge!
Yeah...at one point I had one EV-1 and an older Mission exp pedal on there...I found that at home barefoot I was fine but on stage with shoes my big-@$$ feet (not to mention the "enthusiasm" that comes with playing live) I would accidentally hit the other one, so I upgraded to 2 x EV-1 and have found fewer issues.

Yeah...at one point I had one EV-1 and an older Mission exp pedal on there...I found that at home barefoot I was fine but on stage with shoes my big-@$$ feet (not to mention the "enthusiasm" that comes with playing live) I would accidentally hit the other one, so I upgraded to 2 x EV-1 and have found fewer issues.
I wonder if two EV2s and my Mission wah controller would fit on the 34, though, looking at your photo....

Last edited:
Last edited:
No worries, sorry didn't realise you wasn't near a computer. Found the pic and they do all fit!

View attachment 134975
Been thinking of putting the FM9 and 3 of 4 pedals on one board with the Expression IO to do my extra buttons, and putting the FC6 and the 4th pedal on the 17" board I have hanging around....

Current set-up:
20240101_221810.jpg

Been thinking of putting the FM9 and 3 of 4 pedals on one board with the Expression IO to do my extra buttons, and putting the FC6 and the 4th pedal on the 17" board I have hanging around....

Current set-up:
20240101_221810.jpg
I guess it depends if you're gigging at the moment and need everything together. Makes sense if you are. For me I had the FM9 and my exp pedals etc on a Duo 34. Ended up selling the FM9 and going with the FM3. I then realised I missed the FM9 too much and decided to sell the FM3 and put myself on the waitlist again for the new MKII.

Now I plan on just putting the FM9 on a duo 34 I've cut down in size (This was previously used for the FM3 board so its 24.5 inches in width and put an EV-2 or a Mission on there so I can use it on its own or I can use it with my GT22 board or FC6 board depending on the gig or rehearsal.

Just reading that back to myself I've realised I have too much gear lol. And there's me trying to sell my Powerstage 200 at the moment to buy a Tonemaster FR12!

I guess it depends if you're gigging at the moment and need everything together. Makes sense if you are. For me I had the FM9 and my exp pedals etc on a Duo 34. Ended up selling the FM9 and going with the FM3. I then realised I missed the FM9 too much and decided to sell the FM3 and put myself on the waitlist again for the new MKII.

Now I plan on just putting the FM9 on a duo 34 I've cut down in size (This was previously used for the FM3 board so its 24.5 inches in width and put an EV-2 or a Mission on there so I can use it on its own or I can use it with my GT22 board or FC6 board depending on the gig or rehearsal.

Just reading that back to myself I've realised I have too much gear lol. And there's me trying to sell my Powerstage 200 at the moment to buy a Tonemaster FR12!
I think it makes more sense for me to put the first 3 pedals that I use all the time on the FM9 board, and put the #4 pedal (which controls the delay wetness in my presets' solo stuff) on the separate board with the FC6, and consolidate the extra buttons from the Expression IO which I use most also onto the FM9 board. The FC6 board could then hold the "nice to have" extras like effects channel switches and such from Layout 4 - which I could probably set up to be visible on the FM9 with a little effort in setting up a switch for it....

Yeah I don’t know how it happened but the camera did that. I took two, actually. Both did it to varying degrees. I’ve dropped this phone a lot… maybe I knocked a glass loose 😆

I also noticed… it’s backwards.
Shitty camera optics. The light bounced off of something in the lens.

This thing is absolutely perfect, got it mounted directly to the Temple Duo this weekend. The punchouts matched up with the side-screws on the FM9 perfectly with no mods required.

ImF0H1D.jpg

hs8A2FH.jpg

pVDTPju.jpg
Super clean! I love it. I have a Trailer Trash that I've had forever... and the 1/4" jack threads have stripped and are hanging loose. This system looks so much smarter.

OK...FINALLY finished my board almost a year after starting after multiple (self-imposed) delays. Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the help and ideas!

TA Duo 34 with multiple modules on the sides

View attachment 134950View attachment 134951View attachment 134952View attachment 134953
Looks great! I use the same momentary switch and I didn't like how high it was on the board so I drilled a hole in the Duo and put the box under the board with just the shaft coming thru with the nut on top holding it all in place. it also hides the wiring under the board. I put the same switch topper on it as I have on all the FM9 switches. I run the EV-2's but we have a very similar set-up. Great job!!

Got the Temple module and a pack of the TS pass throughs.
So, all went well! Everything in its place. Last steps…how to affix the pedals and fm9…and tie up the cables underneath.
The board’s bigger than I’m used to but I’m warming up to it. With the Duo 34 I could squeeze another expression pedal or whatever. I like it !
View attachment 131320
My FM9 arrives today. I'll be rebuilding my rig (currently a Suhr PT100 + Trailor Trash + MasterMind PCB/10 + some pedals. Your set up is exactly what I want to do with my new FM9 based rig. How do you like the Fender ToneMaster FRFRs?

My FM9 arrives today. I'll be rebuilding my rig (currently a Suhr PT100 + Trailor Trash + MasterMind PCB/10 + some pedals. Your set up is exactly what I want to do with my new FM9 based rig. How do you like the Fender ToneMaster FRFRs?
Very happy. My journey is over WRT speakers.
-no latency introduced
-simple design
-cabs sound great
-tilt backs
-onboard eq
-printed thru hole boards…ergo the fun @WKSmith and @Lysander and others are having :)
-and a bonus: they look like regular guitar cabs

What are you using for the power cable connection coming from the back of the FM? That looks like a right angle plug ?
The power setup is:
Temple Audio IEC module on the outside
Going into an IEC Y-splitter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09K3R626Z/)
One end goes to an Anker USB brick with USB-C PD (laptop/iPad) and USB-A (LED strip) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C58P5YXS/)
Other end goes to an IEC cable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066HQ50/) I cut, then bought a right-angle connector to put in on the top of the board for the FM9 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1LHF5JJ/)

Back
Top Bottom