Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Looks nice and compact! That trio looks deep, what do you do for mic stand placement?
Thanks Sully! I use a boom stand off to the side and angled back towards me on the other side of the floor monitor in front of the board. Once our IEMs arrive the floor wedge will be gone and it will be closer, but its not bad now. Although, I only sign backups, so I am not constantly singing....

Thanks Sully! I use a boom stand off to the side and angled back towards me on the other side of the floor monitor in front of the board. Once our IEMs arrive the floor wedge will be gone and it will be closer, but its not bad now. Although, I only sign backups, so I am not constantly singing....
I tried the side mic thing but could never get used to it. I also clip my phone to my mic stand in front of me for mixing my IEM monitor mix. You'll LOVE the IEM's if you can get a good mix or do them yourself. Total game changer for us. My boom stand comes up directly in front of my floor board and I don't use a tri-pod so the main stand tube is actually within 1" of the front of my board.

I tried the side mic thing but could never get used to it. I also clip my phone to my mic stand in front of me for mixing my IEM monitor mix. You'll LOVE the IEM's if you can get a good mix or do them yourself. Total game changer for us. My boom stand comes up directly in front of my floor board and I don't use a tri-pod so the main stand tube is actually within 1" of the front of my board.
Yes, we are stoked for when the IEMs show up. We currently control our own mixes through the wedges, but it will be much nicer when the IEMs arrive. We use a Soundcraft UI24R just for our monitor mixes and we control those ourselves.

I also bought one of these from Amazon (listed on someone's previous thread) so I have 2 110V outlets and 2 USB ports. You have to shave off the flanges to get them to fit under the DUO-34 bracket but is works well for the lights and also as a power supply for any 110V stuff. I cut the cord down to make it shorter.

View attachment 115647
I used double sided tape to hold the outlet to the underside of the board. If your going to attach your FM using screws I have extra if you haven't already ordered them! Hit me up in a DM if your interested!

I used double sided tape to hold the outlet to the underside of the board. If your going to attach your FM using screws I have extra if you haven't already ordered them! Hit me up in a DM if your interested!
LOL, Thanks for the offer on the screws but I also ordered them on Amazon, Now I have a bag of 50. lol. I do tons of projects at home so I'll eventually use them unless someone needs some, You all know who to hit up now. ;)

My actual "rig".
This is a case I've used with my former floorboards for Johnson JMP-250 or as case for FCB-1010 or Line6 stuff I've got.
I bought an aluminium sheet where the devices are mounted with velcro.
I've attached schort XLR cables, short USB extender (at the moment on top of AKG wireless), short patch-cables for wireless receiver and pedal.
It is possible to take out the whole aluminium sheet with the devices, but not needed.
Only open case, plugin powerchord and power-amp or to PA via XLR extender-cables.
The plexi covers are on their way and may arrive end of week.
And the free space is enough to add the small pedal-poweramp I have, if needed.

FM9-case.jpg

Finally got the FM9 out live and it worked out great! Setup is Wah/ Wet-dry/ and volume pedals. FM9 goes into 2 Ice Power 200 watt amps mounted in Valley Arts cabs (made by Pacific). Gator Bag for the FM9, old laptop bag for the pedals. This all replaces my 3 piece rack rig which was:CAE3+, PCM70, Songbird Tri-stereo, Ensoniq DP Pro, 3 Magic Stomps, Axess RX1 switcher, two pedal trays, mixers, Bradshaw RSB 18 foot controller..... getting closer with this little powerhouse to my rack tones everyday!!

My actual "rig".
This is a case I've used with my former floorboards for Johnson JMP-250 or as case for FCB-1010 or Line6 stuff I've got.
I bought an aluminium sheet where the devices are mounted with velcro.
I've attached schort XLR cables, short USB extender (at the moment on top of AKG wireless), short patch-cables for wireless receiver and pedal.
It is possible to take out the whole aluminium sheet with the devices, but not needed.
Only open case, plugin powerchord and power-amp or to PA via XLR extender-cables.
The plexi covers are on their way and may arrive end of week.
And the free space is enough to add the small pedal-poweramp I have, if needed.

View attachment 116098
What are the covers on the switches?

Where did you find the power cable that plugs into the FM9? Having the cable coming out the side is nice,..
I've got several power-cables from other devices - working at IT has advandages - but you can buye them at Amazon or elswhwere.
I've bought mountable power plug and cut the cable to get rid of the unneccesary cable lengh and mounted the new plug.

Back
Top Bottom