Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Updated board. I built the shelf at the base wood shop and like the way it turned out. I got the rack panel and most of the connectors on Amazon. The spot to the right of the wireless is getting a Goodwood Audio wireless bypass which should be here next week.
View attachment 113339View attachment 113340View attachment 113341
View attachment 113342
Humm this looks somewhat filmure! You should have let me know what you were going to do I could have sent you a lot of the connectors I had left over from my previous build. How much did it tip the scales at?

Humm this looks somewhat filmure! You should have let me know what you were going to do I could have sent you a lot of the connectors I had left over from my previous build. How much did it tip the scales at?
Haha. Thanks! I've had most of the parts for quite a while but it's been a long time coming together because of building the lid and waiting on a few bits of hardware. The wood shop on base is only open Thursday- Saturday so that was another reason it took a while.

As far as weight, it's about 34 lbs without the lid.

Haha. Thanks! I've had most of the parts for quite a while but it's been a long time coming together because of building the lid and waiting on a few bits of hardware. The wood shop on base is only open Thursday- Saturday so that was another reason it took a while.

As far as weight, it's about 34 lbs without the lid.
Mine was a tad heavier but pretty close @ 38lbs I suspect it was the db instruments pedal. My only gripe about it is the housing is made from steel.

Your new board turned out looking great! very clean and well executed great job!

Mine was a tad heavier but pretty close @ 38lbs I suspect it was the db instruments pedal. My only gripe about it is the housing is made from steel.

Your new board turned out looking great! very clean and well executed great job!
Thanks! I have it up and running through the monitors. Next is to connect up to my EVH (only one is connected), the power amp, and the cabs. Theoretically I should be able to do about any setup without rewiring: stereo through my monitors, mono through a cab, stereo through the cabs, wet/dry, wet/dry/wet, ... we'll see how it goes. :)

675B88B5-7D8F-407A-9C9E-BDD539333807.jpeg

Last edited:
OHHH, or are the Temple Audio holes not big enough for XLR? That seems like a huge oversight.
Sorry for the delay on this. I didn't realize you were talking about bulkhead connectors that let you plug an XLR into it instead of soldering. That could work, though I didn't try. I don't see the point, though, since the Templeboard holes aren't big enough to fit an XLR head through, so you either have to cut a bunch of bigger holes or break out the soldering iron either way.

Sorry for the delay on this. I didn't realize you were talking about bulkhead connectors that let you plug an XLR into it instead of soldering. That could work, though I didn't try. I don't see the point, though, since the Templeboard holes aren't big enough to fit an XLR head through, so you either have to cut a bunch of bigger holes or break out the soldering iron either way.
Yeah I'm realizing this now. My options at this point are:
-Temple board and learn how to solder
-Temple board and drill big holes
-Pedaltrain board with a BTPA patch bay

I'm leaning towards option #1. I figure soldering is probably a useful life skill so might as well start somewhere.

@Deadpool_25 how have you found the Sennheiser wireless Out of interest?
Literally using it right now lol. I don't have a ton of experience with wireless units but it seems great. No drop outs or interference. Battery seems to last fairly well though I haven't timed it. I don't usually use its tuner function but it is super simple, works well, and is super easy to see. I was going to get a Shure GLX16 or whatever but it was discontinued so I got this and am very happy with it. Looks better than the Shure too imo.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm realizing this now. My options at this point are:
-Temple board and learn how to solder
-Temple board and drill big holes
-Pedaltrain board with a BTPA patch bay

I'm leaning towards option #1. I figure soldering is probably a useful life skill so might as well start somewhere.
Get a soldering station with adjustable temperature. Don't just get a cheap pen soldering iron from the hardware store. Also, I recommend using flux paste or gel to help flow the solder where you want it to. And shrink tube with a heat gun is also a good touch to insulate and protect your connections!

Updated board. I built the shelf at the base wood shop and like the way it turned out. I got the rack panel and most of the connectors on Amazon. The spot to the right of the wireless is getting a Goodwood Audio wireless bypass which should be here next week.
View attachment 113339

Wow, this is so nice and clean. Good job!!
Looks like you build version 3.0 of what i have (and what now feels like version 0.1 of your board :D).
I had this "Rockcase by warwick" already for my Boss GT 1000 and reworked the inside of the case a lot to adapt to the FM9. I had plans to first build a concept case and then build it again but better, but this works and i prefer to play guitar :) My case is less shockabsorbing than yours i guess, but i always make sure to transport my own gear so there not really any risk.
For anyone who is wondering, yes i have a polycarbonate piece a few millimeters above the big screen to protect it from fallings plugs etc, fitted with small velcro strips.

Attachments

• 20221228_091824.jpg
    20221228_091824.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • 20221228_091857.jpg
    20221228_091857.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 121
Wow, this is so nice and clean. Good job!!
Looks like you build version 3.0 of what i have (and what now feels like version 0.1 of your board :D).
I had this "Rockcase by warwick" already for my Boss GT 1000 and reworked the inside of the case a lot to adapt to the FM9. I had plans to first build a concept case and then build it again but better, but this works and i prefer to play guitar :) My case is less shockabsorbing than yours i guess, but i always make sure to transport my own gear so there not really any risk.
For anyone who is wondering, yes i have a polycarbonate piece a few millimeters above the big screen to protect it from fallings plugs etc, fitted with small velcro strips.
Cool board. Yeah that's a similar thing to what I have. Similar story a little too I guess. My board is from custom pedalboards uk and was originally for a GigRig G2. It had a shelf and room for an expression pedal. Wanting an alternative to the Temple boards (which are great too) I saw that this board fit what I wanted to do perfectly. 👍

I think the Badlander's days are numbered... FM9 arrived yesterday. Running through a Powerstage 170 and Mesa 4x12. I haven't even used FM9 edit yet since I'm waiting for a USB-B-to-USB-C cable to show up. So just tweaking on unit with one amp to get familiar. I'm blown away. This thing would be worth it even it came with only one amp model of your choice. You adjust things beyond comprehension to get the sound in your head. Physical amp feels so limited now.

IMG_4818.jpeg

IMG_4810.jpeg

IMG_4811.jpeg

Finally got in on the FM9 action but haven't committed to affixing to a board yet. I play in a couple tribute acts with different rigs for each. 1st is for my Rush group where I play "Taurus pedal", 2nd is for Pink Floyd with keys and slide. All instruments routed through FM9. Works in progress...

FM9 R50.jpeg

Front.jpeg

FM9T is mounted on a PedalTrain Classic 2. TC Heli Mic Mechanic 2 and a DVP4 mini expression on the right, Keeley Fuzz Head above, using Out/In 2. Underneath is a Suhr Micro Midi for switching channels on my Mesa Electra Dyne, powered by a Trutone C6, which also powers the Mic Mechanic and runs power to the FM9, so I can plug it all in with one cable from the C6.

Mainly used in 4cm with the Mesa but also enjoy the Fractal amp models through Power Amp In on my Katana 100 head. Looking to try an SD PS 700, too.

8C666099-8FC8-430A-9FA3-71E1ACF6BCB9.jpeg

Last edited:
97807DEE-8633-4614-865F-5A005877FDF7.jpeg
Well after having the FM9 for over a year I finally put it together on a board. There is a One Control Solo Stereo Loop under the riser the Drop sits on. It has the Mosaic in its loop. I’m using it in mono and controlling it's bypass state with MIDI. Signal path is Drop>One Control Loop w/Mosaic in it>Freqout>FM9. I keep a Mission spring loaded expression off to the side if I need it. It all fits nicely into a Pelican Air 1615 case. There’s also a Bright Switch at the top left for usb power and a light (not shown) for dark stages.

How are people attaching the FM9 to wooden / laminate pedalboards?
Im looking for good methods that will make it easy to either use the FM9 off the pedalboard (ie placed on bedroom floor) or attached to full pedal board (when out at jams). The Bluguitar Amp1 can use magnetic attachments - has anyone tried this or a similar quick release type strategy?

https://bluguitar.com/en/products/accessoires/easy-locks

bluguitar_product-easy_locks_600x600.png

How are people attaching the FM9 to wooden / laminate pedalboards?
Im looking for good methods that will make it easy to either use the FM9 off the pedalboard (ie placed on bedroom floor) or attached to full pedal board (when out at jams). The Bluguitar Amp1 can use magnetic attachments - has anyone tried this or a similar quick release type strategy?

https://bluguitar.com/en/products/accessoires/easy-locks

bluguitar_product-easy_locks_600x600.png
I believe most are using attaching them right to the board using an M3.5-.06 x ___mm screws through the board and rubber feet! This works pretty well as they function not only as a shock absorber but standoffs so the unit can breathe!

Back
Top Bottom